become an editor
the entire directory
only in Haiku_and_Related_Forms/Publishers
Haiku and Related Forms
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: Poetry: Forms: Haiku and Related Forms: Publishers
Acorn Book Company
- Publishes and distributes books of haiku and other minimalist poetry, notably by authors in the UK.
Acorn: a Journal of Contemporary Haiku
- The site is associated with a hardcopy haiku journal, and features submission guidelines and sample haiku. Edited by A. C. Missias.
Asahi Haikuist Network
- Haiku selected by David McMurray are shared at this site with original haiga artwork by Mitsuaki Kojima and a poet`s notebook. The column is updated weekly and archived. Online submission directions.
Blogging Along Tobacco Road
- Curtis Dunlap writes and edits this blog, largely related to haiku. Soon after his initial posts, he began inviting haiku poets to answer three questions, including three favorite haiku from their own works. These answers and poems occupy the majority of the blog.
Brooks' English-Language Haiku Web Site
- Information about haiku poets, and publications.
Children's Haiku Garden
- Website for haiku by children from Japan, the U.S., and other countries; includes charming thumbnail sketches. Accepts haiku and drawings by children. Maintained by Ryo Suzuki. Links to Japanese version.
- A small local publisher of selected literary works. Craigleigh Press has produced several books of poetry and some of them are entirely haiku.
- DailyHaiku is an edited print and online journal of contemporary haiku. One new haiku appears each day, and we publish one collected print edition per year.
- Edited by Jeffrey Woodward. Publishes haibun, tanka prose, essays and book reviews.
- A web site devoted to haiga (haiku-style illustrations, often accompanying haiku) and haiku. Some sections feature both poems and haigafrom open submissions. Established by Jeanne Emrich in 1998, now managed by an'ya.
- The web site of Haiku Presence, a British haiku magazine edited by Martin Lucas.
- Thanks to webmaster Gilles Fabre, the "Haiku Spirit" begun by Jim Norton and Sean O'Connor lives in a new form. Includes contributions in French and English.
- Haikuhut is a site that exhibits, supports, and mentors in the creation of Haiku, Senryu, and Tanka, as well as other 'short forms' of poetry. Includes Photo Haiku that merge images and words. Short Stuff, an on-line journal of short form poetry is published monthly. Webmaster Michael Rehling.
Modern Haiku Magazine
- English language print haiku magazine. Longest-running and largest in the business (pages and subscribers). Edited by Lee Gurga.
- Web site of the Paper Wasp hard-copy haiku magazine, a leader in the Australian haiku scene.
- Here find Paraverse Press books on haiku and cross-cultural communication and other subjects by Robin D. Gill. Several of these are grounded in traditional Japanese saijiki.
RedMoon Press: Catalog and Ordering Information
- Redmoon Press, publisher of quality haiku books. Jim Kacian, Publisher.
- An online haiku magazine of the Southwestern USA, edited by Jason Sanford Brown.
Simply Haiku: Quarterly Journal of Japanese Short Form Poetry
- Simply Haiku publishes haiku, English haiku,tanka, renku, renga, rengay, haiga, haibun, short poetry, oriental art, Japanese haiku, Japanese poetry. A haiku electronic journal, edited by Robert Wilson and team.
- Snapshot Press specializes in haiku, tanka, and short poem, producing books, chapbooks and journals including Snapshots, for haiku and senryu, and Tangled Hair, dedicated to Tanka. Presided over by John Barlow.
Still: a Journal of Short Verse
- Home page of the print journal, one of the zappiest zines of short poems, including haiku. Information on the richest haiku contest in the world, by ai li.
- Short verse forms deriving from the haiku and tanka tradition, edited by Larry Kimmel.
- Publishes just one new haiku every day on the web and via e-mail. You can even receive your daily haiku by short message service (SMS) or text paging. The message is nothing but one haiku and author's name. (The web page includes some biographical information.) Editor D. F. Tweney.
Turtle Light Press
- Turtle Light Press publishes limited and popular editions of volumes of poetry, Judaica, and photography, as well as memoirs and life histories. It also produces book art projects and sells originals, prints, and notecards of fine art. In its digitography projects, Turtle Light Press digitally re-images business and house photos. Rick Black, publisher.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:24:02 PM EDT -