become an editor
the entire directory
only in Haiku_and_Related_Forms/Pseudo_Haiku
Haiku and Related Forms
This category in other languages:
Beer Haiku Daily
- We publish a beer haiku daily. A simple poem each day to celebrate one of life's simple pleasures. Submissions are welcome.
- A page of 5-7-5 poems relating to the current (2008) real estate and mortgage crisis. Additional poems welcome.
Airless Suburban Haiku
- "A cynical celebration of conspicuous consumption in haiku form." --What they said of themselves. It's accurate.
Arpeggiating through the Feeblesquare
- A surreal, unconventional, and somewhat postmodern exploration of the modern abyss through haiku.
AsianAmericanFilm.com: Haiku Fu
- A weekly haiku contest based on photos of Asian Americans in the film world. Read 'em! Write 'em! Win cheap but delightful prizes! In your face fun.
- A very old (10 years plus online) repository of pseudo haiku, moderated by Janis.
- Scanned images of haiku written in bars (usually on napkins). Fun and funny, with some X-rated, as you might expect from the "Bar Haiku Crowd".
Bing Crosby's Haiku
- Uses invented names in all its content, except in cases when public figures are being satirized.
- Cyberpoetry as from the glib lips of the Global Village Idiot. Bushku use a 3-5-3 syllable form, 'cause 5-7-5 is too darn complexicated, Laura.
Cowku For Better Living
- Pseudo-haiku about cows.
Daily News Haikus
- Witty, insightful take on the day's events in traditional 5-7-5 form. Contains links to story sources, and archives from past days. Submit your own.
Dairy Lama: Land of Cheese Haiku
- Submit dairy-inspired haiku poems, called mooküs. Mookü poems are submitted and displayed on topics such as art, philosophy, love, science, and adventure.
- A poetic tribute to the domesticated dog. Not classical, not 'artsy', just apt. Hopefully entertaining.
The Genuine Haiku Generator
Haiku by Everyone
- User-contributed collection, mostly 5-7-5.
Haiku Error Messages
- Yet another rendition of this popular group of 5-7-5s, with a few new ones thrown in.
Haiku error messages
- If programmers were more into Haiku these are the sort of error messages you might see. (This appears to be the same as the original Salon.com set, see below.)
- Haiku Nurse provides an original Haiku every day. Blogged by an Oregon author.
- HM automatically generates "haikus" online using HM's patented 575 technology engine.
Haikus for Jews
- Humorous haikus, combining ancient Zen wisdom with timeless Jewish noodging. Excerpts from book for sale.
- Irreverent 5-7-5 syllable poetry dedicated to beautiful strangers found on Friendster and other dating sites.
Hard To Swallow
- Mostly absurd thoughts about the God of the Universe in loose Senryu and Tanka poetry. Food for thought and discussion. Brief comments on religious extremism, totalitarianism etc.
- Aaron Naparstek's attempt to combat urban traffic noise with haiku and promote his book. Includes verses, message board, and notes and links on the urban noise problem.
Hot Cross Haiku
- A poetry weblog featuring traditional and modern haiku by Ian Row of Melbourne and fellow hot crossers from around the world.
- Site marries 5-7-5 doggerel verse to the commercial world in an attempt to combine the ancient form of poetry with the consumer world. Users are invited to spend a moment with products they are researching and think of them in a different way. A sales site, consisting entirely of advertisements.
Sayings of the Wise Shang-ti
- Proverb-like guru-ku written by the Wise Shang-ti while meditating high atop McDonald's golden arches.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 14, 2014 at 10:24:07 UTC -