become an editor
the entire directory
only in Haiku_and_Related_Forms/Personal_Pages
Haiku and Related Forms
Arts: Literature: Poetry: Personal Pages
-the sound of splinters-
- A haiku weblog by jem.
- A blog by Alan Summers, an active poet who does a good deal with haiku.
Big Cec's Haiku Page
- Contemporary American haiku, with photographs by the author.
Bin's Haiku World.
- Haiku master Akio Bin's Haiku World English-language pages. A student of Shiki and master of his own haiku group, Bin-sensei has had the good luck to have a number of his haiku translated for this page.
Black and White Heart
- Personal blog with a variety of content - haiku, writing prompts, flash fiction, photography.
- Author- and user-submitted haiku. Includes instant haiku generator and links to haiku resources.
- A blog devoted to "crystallines" by Brian Strand. The crystalline is a haiku-like poem in couplet form.
- Samples of poetry and some thoughts on haiku by Dan Brady.
Crows & Daisies
- Haiku, haiga, photos and occasional stuff in Slovenian and English by Polona Oblak.
Cuttings: Haiku and Short Poems
- An index to haiku-related sites maintained by Michael P. Garofalo.
Eel Pie Dharma
- A 60's memoir / haibun in prose and haiku by Chris Faiers, including memories of Eel Pie Commune, Glastonbury Festival and travelling through Europe.
- Many examples of this cinqku fixed form cinquain with guidelines to this concise 17 syllable image verse form by Brian Strand.
- Weblog of retired lawyer David Giacalone, who takes up legal issues among the haiku. Lately, haiku has been the main focus, and many haiku poets have poems on the site. Includes a significant discussion of copyright and haiku.
- A personal haiku poetry site with a new haiku each day, 365 days a year.
- A blog of haiku, senryu, tanka, haiga by Eric Houck, Jr.
A Haiku & Photography Webpage
- Combining visual arts with literary work.
The Haiku & Zen World of James W Hackett
- Site of James W. Hackett, American haiku pioneer and correspondent of R. H. Blyth.
Haiku and Happiness - and Haiku
- Gabi Greve's weblog focused on haiku, with links photographs of her collection of Daruma images and statues.
Haiku Arts Room
- Haiku in Japanese and English translation with stunning artwork by the poet, Tamasudare.
- A variety of poetry and fiction with definitions, examples, links, writer's tools, and books. Its contents are haiku, tanka, sijo, renku, haibun, stort story, flash fiction, flash play, contemporary poetry, prose poems, free verse, fiction. By Neca Stoller and friends.
- The haiku and haibun of Martin Gottlileb Cohen, plus some haiga and photo-haiku with his poems.
- Writing prompts for haiku which are updated every two days.Participating poets can enter their submissions on the website itself and browse those of others.
Haiku in Low Places
- Haiku and other personal poetry pages by Paul David Mena. Some good stuff here. Includes link to his haiku-a-day blog.
- Regular notes from poet and author Edward Weiss
Haiku Novels and Criticism by David G. Lanoue
- Haiku novels, translation, criticism, with excerpts from some of the author's books.
The Haiku of WordWright
- Haiku by Colin Crombie, WordWright
The Haiku Poet Blog
- Sangeet's haiku and poetry corner.
- Pain. Nature. Freedom. Contemporary haiku poetry by Ulf Mohager. Originally a wap site, but now accessible through an emulator also. Updated with 1-3 poems/week.
Haikus from the Soul
- Haikus from the soul is a site devoted to 5-7-5s (i.e., mostly not haiku), mostly by site-owners Lukas and Alison.
- David Coomler's blog devoted to "hokku"--his term for traditional (i.e., pre-modern) haiku.
- A collection of artworks comprising photographs of the Tasmanian Wilderness by Martin Hawes, haiku by Ron Moss, and translations into Japanese by Yoji Hashimoto.
- H. Gene Murtha's blog: poems, haiku, tanka, haibun . . .
J. D. Nelson : haiku
- The haiku of xenographer J. D. Nelson
Janice M Bostok
- Home page of Janice M. Bostok, Australian haiku poet.
- A weblog of haiku and other micropoetry by Judy Kamilhor, usually set in Brooklyn, New York.
Larry Kimmel & Winfred Press
- Personal haiku pages by Larry Kimmel, featuring haiku, tanka, cherita, gembun and short poems. Links to his Winfred Press pages: haiku bumper stickers; printed books.
- Marlene Mountain's writing/painting journey from late 50s to present, including especially one-line haiku and visual "eye-ku".
- A haiku weblog from Masago (Vaughn Seward).
Nick Virgilio Poetry Project - Welcome
- Nicholas A. Virgilio (1928-1989) was a pioneer of American haiku. This site brings to the Web some of the archive of his works at Rutgers University, Camden, NJ.
- A homage website, featuring a poem, dedicated to Arthea Arese Sunico Quesada.
- Haiku and tanka weblog of J. A. Lockhart.
Paul E. Nelson: American Sentences
- Essays, examples, links and interviews presenting a uniquely American form of haiku, created by poet Allen Ginsberg. Features the "American sentences" of Paul Nelson.
The Plenitude of Emptiness
- A blog consisting mainly of haibun, by Hortensia Anderson.
- Collection of haiku, senryu, tanka and haibun by Robert Davey.
Ricardo Haiku Blog
- Personal haiku blog in English and Lithuanian updated every day by Ričardas.
- Haikus from Cindy Zackowitz about the seasons, written in English and French and illustrated with photographs.
- A poet's work in mostly haiku, by SB.
Tobacco Road Poet - Curtis Dunlap
- This site features both Curtis's own writings, in several genres including haiku and linked forms, and also has a fresh poem by another poet featured daily, with a readily accessible archive of these poems.
- Haiku on Tom Brinck's website for usability, poetry, art, etc.
USpace Haiku y Senryu +
- Random Images and a back door to Absurd Thoughts - a weblog of haiku and other "form poems" by Uspace.
- haiku and related poems in a blog by Dustin.
Winter Haiku 2007
- A weblog community of poets, sharing haiku on the subject of this winter, 2007-2008, hosted by Isabel and Mandy.
- Offers haiku books, articles, lessons and more, by Edward Weiss. Also, home page of a daily-haiku e-mail service, with open submissions.
- The haiga, haiku, haibun, and renku of Norman Darlington, with a special section of links to Balkan haiku Web pages.
Yerry Hill Road Haiku
- Traditional haiku written over the past five years concerning the same walk that the author has made on Yerry Hill Road, Woodstock, New York, during all four seasons. Photographs accompany the haiku. Weblog by Sarvananda Bluestone.
- A haiku and related poetry weblog in Scots and English by John McDonald.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 15, 2015 at 16:34:34 UTC -