become an editor
the entire directory
only in Haiku_and_Related_Forms/Associations
Haiku and Related Forms
This category in other languages:
Alaska Haiku Society
- Alaska haiku poetry is shared by members of Alaska Haiku Society and guest poets. Site managed by Billie Wilson and Cindy Zackowitz.
Boston Haiku Society
- Promotes the reading and writing of haiku poetry in English through public readings, constructive criticism among peers, and special programs in the Boston metropolitan area. The Society hosted Haiku North America 2001.
British Haiku Society
- Founded in 1990, the British Haiku Society involves members from the British Isles and around the English-speaking haiku world. They publish a hardcopy magazine and newsletter, and sell their publications and books from their Web site.
Croatian Haiku Poets Association
- Welcome to Croatian haiku web pages of Rijeka haiku poets; now includes materials from open submissions as well as worldwide haiku news and local poets' haiku. (Most pages have English content; scroll down.)
- Haiku Canada is a society of haiku poets and enthusiasts founded in 1977 by Dr. Eric Amann, Betty Drevniok and George Swede. Members share information on haiku, haiku events, organizations, markets and publications. Publishes Haiku Canada Newsletter.
- The haiku pages of the NZ Poetry Society. Information, articles and links about haiku and related forms in New Zealand and further afield. Edited by Sandra Simpson.
Haiku Society of America
- "The Haiku Society of America is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1968 to promote the writing and appreciation of haiku in English." Publishes journal Frogpond. Recently updates with new definitions of haiku and related genres.
- Site of the Australian haiku organization. Includes news, publications, and details about upcoming competitions.
Hailstone Haiku Circle
- The old, archived weblog of the Hailstone Haiku Circle, a group of Japanese and foreign haiku poets meeting regularly in the Kansai area of Japan and writing in English. Current activity has moved to "Icebox"--see below.
HIA Haiku International Association
- An international haiku association formed in 1989 by the leadership of the three main haiku organizations, with members in Japan and foreign countries. Also features an international haiku contest. Pages edited by Shun'ichi Shibota.
- Web site (blog) of the Kyoto-based Hailstones Haiku Circle.
Irish Haiku Society
- The Irish Haiku Society is a not-for-profit organisation founded in 2006 to promote the writing and appreciation of haiku in Ireland. The IHS conducts workshops, readings, and ginko [haiku excursions].
North Carolina Haiku Society
- Includes haiku by members, brief notes and remarks on haiku, lists of haiku books, lists of haiku-related links.
ukku spring haiku
- Weblog of the low-key online group "ukku" (UK Haiku?).
World Haiku Association
- Web site of this worldwide membership group, with pages of scores of members' haiku and other resources. Webmaster Bin Akio, a senior member of Japan's haiku community.
- Web site of the Yuki Teikei Haiku Society of United States and Canada, a Bay Area group with international membership and extensive activities built around a tradition-based understanding of haiku.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 8, 2013 at 11:19:40 UTC -