become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fixed_Verse_Forms/Terza_Rima
Fixed Verse Forms
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: Poetry: Forms: Fixed Verse Forms: Terza Rima
"Ode to the West Wind" by P. B. Shelley.
- Perhaps the most famous example of terza rima in English. From Francis T. Palgrave's 19th century anthology, "The Golden Treasury." Notice that the tercets and final couplets have not been separated by spaces.
"Woman -- A Terza Rima"
- By Janan Platt.
First Snow in Alsace
- By Richard Wilbur.
The House on the Hill
- A famous example of the form by Edward Arlington Robinson.
Personality Quiz - What Poetry Form Am I?
- A terza rima that describes the "personality" of a terza rima. With html code for transferring the terza rima to your site and links to "personality quizzes" for other poetic forms.
Poetic Form: Terza Rima
- An explanation of the form, with references to numerous examples and a brief discussion of Ciardi's and Pinsky's translations of Dante, from the Academy of American Poets.
Poetry Knowledge Zone: Terza Rima
- Explanation, history, and step-by-step instructions for writing by Smitha Chakravarthula. Includes examples.
- A description by a student in Rios' course with examples, including Frost's "Acquainted with the Night."
- Description and examples from a course taught by Alberto Rios.
- A brief description of the form from an English handbook at Emory University with examples.
- A brief description of the form with an interesting review of Pinsky's attempt to translate Dante's terza rima.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, April 13, 2012 8:30:51 PM EDT -