become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fixed_Verse_Forms/Sijo
Fixed Verse Forms
- Samples of sijo poems by Chong Ch'ol, 16th century poet, in English translations.
An Introduction to Sijo
- An overview of sijo in the Korean tradition and North American poets' response, by Elizabeth St Jacques, with links to her online sijo magazine, Sijo Blossoms, and other articles.
Korean Sijo Masters in Translation
- Translations into English of Korean sijo from poets of the Classical period.
Sejong Cultural Society - Sijo Writing Competition
- An annual competition. Includes links to sijo sites, sample sijo poems, and an explanation of the form with two .pdf files on sijo by Larry Gross and David McCann.
- An explanation with examples by Larry Gross. Includes links to other sijo sites.
- An introductory page by Larry Gross, a leading proponent of writing sijo in English, with some of his poems and links to his several pages on the subject, and an e-mail discussion list on the subject.
sijoforum : SIJO: A Korean lyric poetic tradition.
- A Yahoo workshop that "encourages the writing, discussion and translation of traditional sijo in English."
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2015 at 13:45:04 UTC -