become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fixed_Verse_Forms/Sestina
Fixed Verse Forms
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: Poetry: Forms: Fixed Verse Forms: Sestina
- By Arnaut Daniel. A side-by-side translation from the Provencal, with a .midi version of a traditional troubadour melody. From a troubadour site, which claims this as "the first sextain in the history of literature."
- A brief description and history of the sestina form with examples.
- A sestina by Kathleen Craker Firestone, at the Northern Michigan Journal's website.
The Krenek Sestinas
- By Don Mager. A set of six related sestinas both echoing and about the music and life of Ernst Krenek, a serial composer. Part of Eclectica Magazine v2n2.
Poetic Form: Sestina
- An explanation of the form with a link to Ashberry's "Farm Implements and Rutabagas in a Landscape" and an explanation of Marie Ponsot's redaction of the form, the "tritina." From the Academy of American Poets.
Poetry Form - The Sestina.
- A description and explanation of the form, with examples and a step-by-step guide to writing one.
- Description and examples from a course taught by Alberto Rios.
- A brief definition and description from a course at the University of Pennsylvania.
- By Elizabeth Bishop. Includes readers' comments.
- By Algernon Charles Swinburne. Unusual in its use of rhyme.
Sestina in the Computer Age
- By Scott Reid.
Sestina of the Tramp-Royal
- By Rudyard Kipling, in Cockney dialect. Part of the DayPoems Poetry Collection edited by Timothy Bovee.
The Sestina Page
- A Web site devoted to the sestina form, with a large online archive of examples. Going beyond the extensive home page requires the reader to join "Yahoo Groups."
- By Ezra Pound. Perhaps the most famous modern use of the form.
Sestinas for Free
- A collection by Nicholas Gordon that can be used free for any personal or non-commercial purpose.
Sestinas: Browse, or Build Your Own
- A template for creating sestinas.
The Shrinking Lonesome Sestina
- By Miller Williams. Part of a larger site called The Wondering Minstrels.
Some Thoughts on Sestinas
- By Lawrence Schimel, with a sestina by Joe Haldeman.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, April 26, 2013 5:58:28 AM EDT -