become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fixed_Verse_Forms/Limerick
Fixed Verse Forms
Recreation: Humor: Poetry: Limericks
This category in other languages:
The "L" Blog
- A limerick blog. The limericks, however, are not in the classic form, and the rhymes are often not exact.
Alien Limerick Generator
- This interactive 'net artifact is an exercise in computer glossolalia that allows users to randomly generate metrically perfect nonsense-limericks--in an "alien" (that is, not spoken, now nor ever, on Earth) language.
Bibliography of Limericks
- List of print books of and on limericks, compiled by Karl Dilcher.
The Classic Nantucket Limerick
- The original Nantucket limerick published in the Princeton Tiger in 1924, with various extensions that appeared in other publications.
Funny Limericks For Everyone
- A limerick blog, with a clean, humorous limerick posted each day. Includes a limerick generator and accepts submissions.
Giggle Poetry - The Limerick
- Limerick writing for kids. By Bruce Lansky.
- A brief but insightful description of the limerick form.
Limerick Books of the 1820s
- The two earliest known books of limericks, with a link to a third. Part of an Edward Lear home page.
Limerick o' the Day
- A daily (ribald) limerick, with an archive of previously featured limericks.
- Invites visitors to write and rate limericks. Includes a "how to" section and a description of the form.
- A limerick page for children, with a simple explanation and some family-friendly examples, including the option to print out limericks in color. Be warned: the site generates pop-up and new-browser-window ads.
- Limericks by teachers in England. Includes suggestions for classroom activities.
- A brief history and explanation along with numerous examples from "A Book of Nonsense" by Edward Lear.
Limericks by Brownielocks
- Clean and funny limericks.
- Huge and still growing collection of limericks both naughty and nice. Visitors can also add a line to the mass limerick.
- Limericks and short lines by Slava Meskhi. English, Russian and Georgian languages.
OEDILF - The Omnificent English Dictionary In Limerick Form
- A project to write at least one limerick for every word in the English language.
The Pentatette Home Page
- The Limerick Special Interest Group website. Includes definitions, technical and scholarly information on limericks.
- Genuine poetry written in the limerick style. Background information on this style of poetry and samples of the work of Joel D. Ash. Gateways to online books containing Poetic Limericks.
- Translations of English and Polish limericks (English-Polish and Polish-English).
Smithsonian Magazine - "The Limerick is Furtive and Mean..."
- From the Maigue poets to Ogden Nash, witty wordsmiths have delighted in composing the oft-risqué five-line verses. Introductory article.
There Was a Young Man Who Sent E-mails
- The incomplete collected limericks of Richard C. Long.
What is Limerick? - Limerick Poems
- A fairly mundane and unsubstantiated discussion of the structure and origin of the limerick, but the site includes a charming children's limerick by Graham Lester and a wonderful song and set of limerick videos taken from various limerick sites.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 21, 2015 at 12:22:55 UTC -