the entire directory
only in Poetry/Forms
Fixed Verse Forms
Haiku and Related Forms
Arts: Literature: Poetry: Genres
Arts: Literature: Poetry: Genres: Epic and Narrative
This category in other languages:
Arnaut and Karkur's Prosody Resource
- A revised edition of this high-brow prosody guide. The phonetic aspects of English poetry seen through a comparison with other Western European languages.
- A definition and description of the term "free verse."
Interactive Quiz on Meter
- "Test your grasp of terms and your ability to identify [poetic] meters by name."
It's What I Do
- Poetry, different styles of writing, art work.
Let's Learn About Poetry
- A good though not extensive informal treatise on various forms and types of poetry.
Marc Moskowitz's Latin Poetry Page
- "This page is meant to be a jumping-off point for examples of modern (aka 20th century) Latin verse as well as information about such things as scansion, poetic style, and anything else that seems related."
- A brief description and definition of the Ode form.
Poetry: Meter, Form, and Rhythm
- This site provides interactive tutorials in poetic forms and meter, links to other poetry sites, and numerous examples of stanzas and fixed poetic forms.
- Brief explanation of prose poetry with examples and additional links.
- Alberto Rios of Arizona State University has posted anecdotes and introductions to some of the canonical forms of European poetry.
- Satiric poetic 'school' founded by Witter Bynner and Arthur Davison Ficke.
Sprung Rhythm in Hopkins
- A brief description of Gerard Manley Hopkin's use and interpretation of the term.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 29, 2012 at 20:58:26 UTC -