become an editor
the entire directory
only in Poetry/Electronic_Text_Archives
Electronic Text Archives
Arts: Literature: Electronic Text Archives
Arts: Literature: Poetry: Poets
Reference: Open Access Resources
This category in other languages:
- American and English works between 1250 and 1920. Offers numerous anthologies including "The Oxford Book of English Verse", the "Yale Book of American Verse" and "Modern American and British Poetry".
American Verse Project
- Organization for the acquisition, creation and maintenance of electronic texts. Includes a bibliography and a mission statement.
Anthology of Poetry
- Includes about 650 poems by 117 great poets.
Bibliomania Poetry Archive
Categorized Poetry by Pros
- Collection of mostly humorous but sometimes sentimental poetry by authors such as Housman, Herrick, Cope, and Chesterton, sorted by categories such as Advice, Animals, Death, and War.
Classic Poetry Treasure Chest
- Search thousands of poems by title, first line, or poet. Full texts, extracts, and forums.
CMU Poetry Index of Canonical Verse
- Searchable archive of online texts from a wide range of recognized poets, both historical and contemporary.
Contemporary American Poetry Archive
- Archive of out-of-print collections of contemporary American poetry, indexed alphabetically by poet name.
Digital Poets Society
- Large searchable collection of classic poetry including Blake, Eliot, Shakespeare and Wilde. Includes related links.
- Ongoing anthology with traditional and translated works from poets such as William Carlos Williams and A.A. Milne.
eMule.com: Poetry Archives
- Educational resource dedicated to researching poetry. Includes an online archive of poetry by numerous recognized poets.
EveryPoet.com - Archive of World Poetry
- Classic poetry from around the world. Mostly British and American.
Famous Poetry Online
- A poetry resource providing famous poems by the world's most popular poets.
Internet Poetry Archive
- Collection of poems by six contemporary poets: Czeslaw Milosz, Seamus Heaney, Philip Levine, Robert Pinsky, Margaret Walker and Yusef Komunyakaa.
- Searchable collection of love poems spanning four centuries of literature. Also indexed by poet name.
Our Favorite Poems
- Eclectic personal selection of public domain texts of poems from a wide range of authors.
Poem of the Week
- Archive of past offerings indexed by poet, first line, title and occasion. Includes submission guidelines and related links.
The Poem Tree
- Traditional and contemporary metered poetry, with critical essays and links.
- Includes selections by Shakespeare, Keats and Tennyson in addition to a personal poetry archive and related links.
- Collection of assorted poems indexed by author, title, first line and keywords.
- A poem a day provided by the Library of Congress, one for each of the 180 days of a typical American high school year.
- Directory-structured database of famous poetry, both written in English and translated.
Poetry In Translation
- An electronic archive of browsable and downloadable English translations of major European and Chinese Classical poets. Also offers original works by A.S. Kline.
Poetry X » Poems
- Large poetry archive featuring classic and contemporary poems along with commentary and analysis.
Representative Poetry Online
- Collection of poetry spanning 1400 years, edited by members of the Department of English at the University of Toronto. Indexed by poet, title and first line. Includes critical articles, bibliographies, and other aids for students. Mostly English, some French.
A Small Anthology of Poems
- Wide variety of poems that are annotated and/or introduced with commentary and author biographical information.
Snap Dragon Poetry Corner
- A collection of poems (all on one page). Also includes a selection of "Bad Poems".
The Wondering Minstrels
- Archive of the mailing list offering works by numerous poets. Includes personal commentary, critical analysis and biographical information.
World Wide School: Literature-Poetry
- Collection of rare and popular works including "Ballad of Reading Gaol", by Oscar Wilde and "The Hunting of the Snark" by Lewis Carroll.
Electronic Text Archives
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 3, 2015 at 5:45:06 UTC -