become an editor
the entire directory
only in Poetry/Criticism_and_Theory
Criticism and Theory
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: Poetry: Criticism and Theory
Arts: Literature: Reviews and Criticism
The Advance of English Poetry in the Twentieth Century
- William Lyon Phelps, professor of English at Yale, looks at the change in poetry after the Victorian era, up until about 1918. British, Irish, and American poets are studied in this book.
Against National Poetry Month As Such
- Poet and critic Charles Bernstein explains why National Poetry Month is bad for poetry.
- Heavily annotated translation at the Perseus Project's website.
- An introduction to bad poetry, though not necessarily by bad poets, with texts of various exemplary poems. As selected and annotated by Professor Seamus Cooney.
berniE-Zine: Rants, Raves & Reviews
- Book reviews by Bernadette "bernie" Geyer.
- Journal of African and African-American writing containing original work by and critical studies of black writers worldwide.
Can Poetry Matter? by Dana Gioia
- A 1991 essay examining why poetry has vanished as a cultural force in America.
Criticizing the Poetry Slam by John Brady
- An article that examines the "free-for-all" atmosphere of performance poetry.
Danny Yee's Book Reviews: Poetry
- A collection of poetry reviews. Authors reviewed include Ursula K. Le Guin and Robert Graves.
DiversityBay: Book Reviews
- Reviews of gay writing coming out of Australia.
Electronic Book Review
- An online literary review.
The Genealogy of Postmodernism
- An essay by Albert Gelpi.
It Is, As It's Elsewhere
- Report by Lynette Abel of a class given by Eli Siegel on the meaning of poetry. In it, he discusses Carl Sandburg's "To a Contemporary Bunkshooter."
Life, love, death, and poetry in the work of Brian Patten
- An essay on the work of Brian Patten, one of the Liverpool Poets.
- Collection of classical literary criticism on the Internet (1350 to 1660 A.D.)
- Poetry reviews by New Age author Richard Fuller.
Modern American Poetry
- Critical and historical essays and syllabi on modern American poetry. Many of the works relate to poems in the Oxford Anthology of Modern American Poetry.
The Morning After
- An essay on today's poetry and how we feel about, the morning after National Poetry Month. At goodreports.net.
Online Literary Criticism Collection
- The Internet Public Library's database of literary criticism.
Plagiarist.com Poetry Articles
- Articles about poets, poems, and poetry in general. Includes book reviews, student guides, and articles on writing poetry.
- Attacks on contemporary American poets.
Rebels: Painters and Poets of the 1950s
- An essay on the "Rebel Poets of the 1950s" by Steven Watson.
Whose New American Poetry?
- Anthologizing in the nineties. An essay by Marjorie Perloff.
Criticism and Theory
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 8, 2014 at 6:15:09 UTC -