become an editor
the entire directory
only in Poetry/Criticism_and_Theory
Criticism and Theory
Arts: Literature: Reviews and Criticism
Against National Poetry Month As Such
- Poet and critic Charles Bernstein explains why National Poetry Month is bad for poetry.
- Heavily annotated translation at the Perseus Project's website.
- An introduction to bad poetry, though not necessarily by bad poets, with texts of various exemplary poems. As selected and annotated by Professor Seamus Cooney.
berniE-Zine: Rants, Raves & Reviews
- Book reviews by Bernadette "bernie" Geyer.
- Journal of African and African-American writing containing original work by and critical studies of black writers worldwide.
Can Poetry Matter? by Dana Gioia
- A 1991 essay examining why poetry has vanished as a cultural force in America.
Criticizing the Poetry Slam by John Brady
- An article that examines the "free-for-all" atmosphere of performance poetry.
Danny Yee's Book Reviews: Poetry
- A collection of poetry reviews. Authors reviewed include Ursula K. Le Guin and Robert Graves.
DiversityBay: Book Reviews
- Reviews of gay writing coming out of Australia.
Electronic Book Review
- An online literary review.
The Genealogy of Postmodernism
- An essay by Albert Gelpi.
It Is, As It's Elsewhere
- Report by Lynette Abel of a class given by Eli Siegel on the meaning of poetry. In it, he discusses Carl Sandburg's "To a Contemporary Bunkshooter."
Life, love, death, and poetry in the work of Brian Patten
- An essay on the work of Brian Patten, one of the Liverpool Poets.
- Collection of classical literary criticism on the Internet (1350 to 1660 A.D.)
- Poetry reviews by New Age author Richard Fuller.
Modern American Poetry
- Critical and historical essays and syllabi on modern American poetry. Many of the works relate to poems in the Oxford Anthology of Modern American Poetry.
Online Literary Criticism Collection
- The Internet Public Library's database of literary criticism.
- Attacks on contemporary American poets.
Rebels: Painters and Poets of the 1950s
- An essay on the "Rebel Poets of the 1950s" by Steven Watson.
Whose New American Poetry?
- Anthologizing in the nineties. An essay by Marjorie Perloff.
Criticism and Theory
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 12, 2015 at 7:35:07 UTC -