become an editor
the entire directory
only in Literature/Performance
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: Performance
Arts: Performing Arts: Theatre
John Adams Institute
- Promotes American literature and culture in Europe by bringing authors and other speakers to Amsterdam to give lectures. With lecture details and membership information.
- Extensive collection of free audio books read by volunteers; the goal is to record every book in the public domain.
- "Broadcasts up-to-date literary events nationwide to event editors at newspapers and web sites that subscribe . . . book readings, author signings, book conferences, open mics, and literary contests."
- A monthly salon for stories featuring writers and actors reading their own work and the work of others.
- Seeks to record, produce, and sell performances of at least 50 public domain texts per year, with the intention of releasing them under the Creative Commons Attrubition Non-Commercial License five years after their first appearance on the site (or after a hundred-thousand purchases of the recording, whichever comes first).
Wired for Books
- Features modern and classic literature and literary criticism and discussion. Works are available in RealAudio, RealVideo, and multimedia presentations.
- Features contemporary audio drama, from original and published sources. (Requires Apple QuickTime 4.)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 15, 2012 at 16:05:05 UTC -