become an editor
the entire directory
only in Myths/Native_American
Myths and Folktales
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: Myths and Folktales: Myths: Native American
Society: Folklore: Literature: Tales: Fairy Tales: World Tales: Native American
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Native American
Aadizookaan - Traditional Stories, Legends, and Myths
- Extensive collection of annotated links to traditional stories, myths, and legends from many different Native American Nations.
Haliksai! This Is How It Was
- Hopi myth excerpted from Harry C. James' book "Pages From Hopi History."
Notes on Eskimo Traditions
- Article by Harlan I. Smith (1893?), e-text from Early Canadiana Online.
Tales of the North American Indians
- Anthologized by Stith Thompson (1929), e-text from the Internet Sacred Text Archive.
The Encyclopedia of Hotcâk (Winnebago) Mythology
- Articles, stories, and histories, edited and compiled by Richard L. Dieterle, with genealogies, bibliography, and links.
The Myth of Hiawatha and Other Oral Legends, Mythologic and Allegoric, of the North American Indians
- By Henry R. Schoolcraft (1856), e-text from Early Canadiana Online.
The Myths of the New World: A Treatise on the Symbolism and Mythology of the Red Race of America
- By Daniel G. Brinton (1868), e-text from Early Canadiana Online.
The Thunder-bird Amongst the Algonkins
- Article by A. F. Chamberlain (1890?), e-text from Early Canadiana Online.
Traditions of the Hopi
- By H. R. Voth (1905), e-text from the Internet Sacred Text Archive.
White Buffalo Calf Woman Brings the First Pipe
- A Lakota myth as told by Joseph Chasing Horse.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, March 30, 2013 6:33:17 PM EDT -