the entire directory
only in Myths_and_Folktales/Myths
Myths and Folktales
Ancient Near Eastern
British and Celtic
Arts: Humanities: Literature in Art: Mythology
Arts: Literature: Poetry: Genres: Epic and Narrative
Society: Religion and Spirituality
This category in other languages:
Age of Fable Or Beauties of Mythology
- Online publication of the 1913 edition of Thomas Bulfinch's classic.
Flood Stories from Around the World
- Brief description of flood myths from cultures all over the globe.
Godchecker - Mythology with a Twist
- Explores the quirky side of mythology with humorous research, including a Holy Database of the weird and wonderful gods from around the world.
Gods, Monsters and Myths
- Brief accounts of popular myths and legends from Greece and Rome, Egypt, Japan, China, and India.
Literature Network - Thomas Bulfinch
- Offers biography and a searchable collection of works.
Morgana's Observatory: Universal Myths and Mysterious Places
- Myths of creation, flood, and afterlife, along with some legends.
- Myths, deities, and mythological characters from across the world listed by culture, with discussion board and large collection of links.
- Writings on mythology, psychopomps, death and the afterlife, ritual and symbolism, and creativity.
- An on-line encyclopedia of mythology and folklore.
- Ancient European mythology and history with art work.
- Infoplease.com overview of the study of myths.
- Brief sections on classical, Norse and Egyptian myths.
- Myths of various cultures related to the heavens, from Windows to the Universe at the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR).
- Historical overview of the mythologies of the Ancient Near East, the Scandinavians and the Celts, including story abstracts and names of deities.
- Course materials with online texts of myths and legends from several Native American, Slavic, and Asian peoples.
- Concise dictionaries of the various divinities from nine Eurasian and Middle Eastern pantheons.
Rachel's Mythology Page
- A who-is-who of classical, Norse, Gaelic and Egyptian mythology.
Sacred-Texts - Myths and Sagas
- Poetic and prose texts from various cultures including Anglo-Saxon, Arabian, Arthurian, Celtic and Scandinavian.
Shrine of the Horned Gods
- Presentation of ancient, modern, and false horned gods.
- Covering Classical, Norse, and Celtic myths, as well as Arthurian legends, with a summary of popular deities, heroes, and other characters.
World Myths and Legends in Art
- Exhibition of images inspired by mythology around the world with background information, photos and audio files. From the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.
Usenet alt.mythology -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 27, 2013 at 5:54:09 UTC -