become an editor
the entire directory
only in Literature/Journals
Arts: Classical Studies: Journals
Arts: Literature: Magazines and E-zines
Arts: Literature: Poetry: Magazines and E-zines
Arts: Online Writing: E-zines
This category in other languages:
Absurdist Monthly Review
- E-magazine with reviews of current absurdist stories and articles covering metafictional devices, experimental techniques and absurdist literary theory and history.
- Contains news and reviews on visual art, writing, music, film and theatre.
American Literary Review
- An academic journal of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction.
- Literary and Fine Arts Journal of Rutgers College.
- Literary quarterly presenting poetry, short fiction, essays, articles and reviews of recent literature by and about the people of the Appalachian South. Subscription information, instructions for contributors, and sample contents.
- Print journal of literary and cultural studies, published for 32 years. Archives available on the web and in PDF format.
Arts & Letters Journal of Contemporary Culture
- Georgia College's literary journal. Featured writings, submission guidelines, and subscription information.
The Cambridge Quarterly
- Journal of literary criticism with a particular interest in challenging accepted views. It also publishes the best Cambridge University Finals dissertation each year.
The Central California Poetry Journal
- Regional journal with essays and articles on poetry.
The Common Review
- Journal featuring original essays and articles about literature and culture. Includes excerpts, subscription information, submission guidelines and contacts.
Comparative Literature Journal of the University of Oregon
- Information about a journal which explores issues of literary history not confined to a single national literature and significant problems in literary theory.
Contemporary Poetry Review
- A British-based academic literary journal featuring articles, essays, literary criticism and book reviews of established international poets.
- An academic journal relating to critical analysis of the literary arts.
- Issue list, staff, and submission guidelines for a journal of literature and art at the University of Chicago.
The Georgia Review
- A quarterly publication of essays, short fiction, poetry, reviews, and art. This site also provides limited access to recent back issues.
Glimmer Train Magazine
- Content lists and excerpts from the short-story journal.
Gulf Coast: A Journal of Literature and Fine Art
- A biannual journal featuring innovative fiction for the literary-minded. Published by the University of Houston.
The Harvard Advocate Online
- Harvard's undergraduate journal of fiction, poetry, art and criticism.
- A literary journal that places the emphasis on critical theory.
- Publishes essays in English, German and French on all cultural aspects of literature and on all literary aspects of culture.
The Literary Review
- Published quarterly by Fairleigh Dickinson University since 1957, it has introduced new fiction, poetry, and essays from many nations to English readers.
The Little Magazine
- A journal of ideas and literature, largely in translation from the South Asian languages.
Manoa: A Pacific Journal of International Writing
- Literary journal published by the University of Hawaii Press; announces current and forthcoming issues and lists contributors.
Many Mountains Moving
- A literary journal of diverse contemporary voices.
Mars Hill Review Theological & Literary Journal
- Ajournal of provocative thought and transcendent stories. Publishes original essays, interviews, fiction, non-fiction, poetry and reviews of film, music, and books.
The Massachusetts Review
- The website for the respected print journal includes submission guidelines and subscription information, as well as samples and excerpts online.
The Minnesota Review
- Literary and cultural studies journal that places a special emphasis on politically engaged criticism, fiction and poetry. Selections, submission, subscriptions, and call for papers.
The Missouri Review
- The extensive online version of the respected literary journal features highlights of the print version.
- Review of Hispanic literature.
Natural Bridge Literary Journal
- A journal of contemporary literature that publishes poetry, fiction, essays, and works in translation by new and established writers.
New Orleans Review
- An international journal of contemporary poetry, fiction, nonfiction, art, photography, film, and book reviews, founded in 1968 at Loyola University in New Orleans.
Nimrod International Journal of Prose and Poetry
- Longstanding literary journal from the University of Tulsa. Subscription and submission information, awards, and featured issues.
Orchid: A Literary Review
- Champions new and emerging fiction writers with interviews on the craft of fiction and articles examining the role of short stories as literature.
Paradoxa: Studies in World Literary Genres
- Abbreviated online version of the print publication which explores genre literature.
- A literary journal of women writers, includes poems, memoirs, and stories. Alabama's first literary journal exclusively written and edited by women, published by the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- International journal for theory and analysis of literature and communication. Subscription and submission information and excerpts from past issues.
- Online database of more than 200 journals from nonprofit publishers.
- Multidisciplinary journal of nonfiction and criticism. Information for contributors and subscribers.
- Website for the print journal presents some selections online.
- A journal of international writing with CD featuring the poets reading their work.
RHINO: The Poetry Forum
- Sample material and submission information about Rhino Magazine, a non-profit poetry journal based in Evanston, Illinois, with links to other poetry and arts-related sites.
- Online version of the print journal, publishing poetry, fiction and criticism.
Shenandoah: The Washington and Lee Review
- Website for the print journal includes subscription information, writers' guidelines, and sample excerpts of published material.
Standards: The International Journal of Multicultural Studies
- A journal for the critical study of how cultural diversity impacts literature.
- Online publication from the Master of Fine Arts in Writing Program of the University of San Francisco. Featuring critical essays from contrasting points of view, as well as works of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry.
- Features fiction, poetry, literary essays, and graphic art. Highlights from the current issue, submission guidelines, and how to subscribe.
The Vocabula Review
- A monthly journal about the state of the English language. Articles, essay archive, and back issues.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 12, 2016 at 5:15:06 UTC -