become an editor
the entire directory
only in Drama/Elizabethan
Arts: Literature: Drama: 16th Century
Arts: Literature: Drama: 17th Century
Arts: Literature: Drama: Renaissance
Arts: Literature: World Literature: British: 16th Century
Arts: Literature: World Literature: British: 17th Century
Arts: Literature: World Literature: British: Renaissance: Drama
Arts: Performing Arts: Theatre: Shakespeare
16th Century Theatre Database
- An archive of articles on sixteenth century theatre.
Ancient Rome and English Renaissance Theatre
- The two matters considered in depth are the relationship between the design of performance arenas in Elizabethan England and those of Ancient Rome, and Early Modern Plays with a Roman theme.
Biographical Index of English Drama Before 1660
- Detailed listing of people involved with the Early modern theatre.
British Graduate Shakespeare Conference
- Details of the annual Conference, at the Shakespeare Institute Stratford where postgraduate students submit work on Shakespeare and his contemporary dramatists. Includes the text of papers delivered.
Condemnation of Elizabethan Theater
- An examination of attempts by the Puritans and the London Corporation to shut down the theaters, as well as the royal protection which allowed the theaters to thrive.
Elizabethan Playhouses, Actors, and Audiences
- An overview of Elizabethan Theatre; covers regulation and licensing of plays, objections to playhouses, companies of actors, and composition and ownership of plays.
The Elizabethan Theatre
- An illustrated lecture on the development of the Elizabethan theatre, covering both playhouses and the dramas performed.
Pilgrimage and the Early Modern Stage
- An essay which discusses references to pilgrimage in Elizabethan and Jacobean plays.
Poems by 16th Century Dramatists
- An index of poems by some of the most important dramatists of the sixteenth century, including William Shakespeare, Torquato Tasso, and Lope de Vega.
Puritanism and the Theatre
- An essay considering the reasons behind the Puritan opposition to the Early Modern theatre.
Records of Early English Drama (REED)
- Collection of Renaissance and Medieval drama and related works.
- Examines the development of the theatres and stages from Medieval drama to Shakespeare's time.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 2, 2015 at 21:39:42 UTC -