become an editor
the entire directory
only in Children's/Reviews
Children's Literature Awards and Bestsellers
Arts: Literature: Reviews and Criticism
Kids and Teens: School Time: English: Reading: Book Reviews
This category in other languages:
- Summaries of classics from preschool to young adult, with RSS feed and links toward purchase.
- Written by a home-schooling mother of two, the site reviews family-oriented books.
- Recommended books for ages 0 to 16, plus interviews with authors, features, articles, and free resources for teachers.
- Comments and rankings by young adults on young adult books.
The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books
- Online companion to print journal which provides children's book information for librarians.
Canadian Children's Literature
- Bilingual scholarly journal of Canadian books and other media with recent reviews and archives for children and young adults.
Capitol Choices: Noteworthy Books for Children
- Recommendations by librarians, teachers, booksellers, children's literature specialists, and magazine editors in the Washington, D.C. area.
Carol Hurst's Book Reviews
- Lists books by title, author, and grade level, and features teaching and learning activities.
- Features recent and past articles published in Midwest Book Review's monthly publication for community and academic libraries.
- Offers reviews and critiques of a broad selection of children's books. Presents an annual list of 150 outstanding books, and a selection of author profiles, themed reviews and teaching aids. Links to various literary resources, other book lists and awards, and to the CLCD database. Portions of the site are fee-based.
Curled Up with a Good Kid's Book
- A small database of book descriptions arranged by age and genre.
- A short collection of preschool-to-early chapter books, linked for purchase, as well as advice for parents on reading aloud to children.
Doug's Reading Corner: Literature Reviews
- Features information targeting parents and educators on current children's books, including Newbery and Caldecott winners. Also provides links to learn about grammar, learning braille, and reading analysis.
Education Oasis Book Reviews
- Browse by title or author to find children's book information based on genre, reading level, author, and illustrator.
The Inter-Galactic Playground
- Reports, reviews and discussions about children's literature, in particular science fiction for children, by literature critic Farah Mendlesohn.
- A youth services weblog that offers book, CD, and DVD reviews, as well as other reader resources. A project of the Fauquier County Public Library.
- Provides numerous book descriptions, contests, tips for parents and teachers, author links, book purchase options, and invites and posts kids writing.
- For kids and parents, features a vast book database, contests, articles, author news and links, and many lists, including of newly published books.
Little Light, Little Seal
- Blog reviewing children's books primarily, and occasionally music, toys, t.v. shows, educational products and related issues.
Look to the Books
- Links to book review sites dedicated to kids, parents and educators.
Mrs. Mad's Book-a-Rama
- Summaries of books, including style dissection and plot breakdown, and options to purchase.
Notes From the Windowsill
- Summaries and descriptions of classics, with links to buy.
Novel Teen Book Reviews
- Site with religious slant features a poll, and a small number of reviews.
Richie's Picks: Great Books for Children and Young Adults
- Summaries and personal observations of books by former bookseller and teacher. Includes archives.
Science in Kids' Books
- Children's space and science fiction books summarized and rated based on scientific authenticity by former NASA Flight Controller Marianne Dyson.
Second Star To the Right: Bookworms
- Books summaries written up until 2001, author links, and book jacket pictures.
See Me 4 Books
- New and forthcoming books, award winners, author sites, book summaries, and discussions.
Spaghetti Book Club
- Offers database of book descriptions written and illustrated by children. Schools participate by purchasing membership.
Story Time Reviews
- Children recommend books and write summaries to be included in database on site of children's book author Ken Baker. Updated monthly.
Teen Ink Book Reviews
- More than 700 teen-written book reviews collected by Teen Ink magazine.
Tracy's Book Nook: Children's Books
- Short reviews of books deemed relevant to Christians by the reviewer.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 24, 2016 at 6:24:04 UTC -