become an editor
the entire directory
only in Works/Fiction
Open Directory - Arts: Literature: Authors: K: Kipling, Rudyard: Works: Fiction
Jungle Books, The
Just So Stories
Actions and Reactions
- Project Gutenberg Edition of this collection of short stories.
At the End of the Passage
- Full text of this short ghost story.
- Includes online versions of Kim and Stalky and Company.
- A few pages from the novel that describe a multinational congregation of Grand Banks boats at "The Virgin." . From New Jersey Fishing.
A Conference Of The Powers
- Short story from the Soldiers Three collection. Project Gutenberg Edition .
The Day's Work
- Published in 1898, a collection of stories including The Maltese Cat and The Brushwood Boy. Project Gutenberg edition.
- Chapter indexed HTML of the complete text. Includes a search feature and author biography. From the Literature Network.
- Considered by many to be the author's finest work. A novel first published in 1901.
The Light That Failed
- The author's first novel published in 1891. Etext from project Gutenberg.
The Man Who Was
- A short story published in 1907.
The Man Who Would Be King
- Full text version from Plain Tales of the Hills published in 1888. Etext from project Gutenberg.
The Phantom 'Rickshaw and Other Ghost Stories
- An early collection of short stories including The Strange Ride of Morrowbie Jukes and The Finest Story in The World . From Project Gutenberg.
Plain Tales From the Hills
- Short stories including The Rout of The White Hussars and The Gate of a Hundred Sorrows. From Project Gutenberg.
- A story from the Jungle Book describing Rikki-Tikki-Tavi's fight with Nag, the big black cobra.
- Four of the author's stories including The Jungle Book, Kim, The Gardener and The Man Who Would Be King, with adjustable sized text and automatic bookmarking. From the Classic Bookshelf.
- Part two of this story which was first published in India in 1888. From Project Gutenberg.
Stalky and Co.
- Text from Bibliomania. A collection of school stories based on the author's own experiences. The first story was published in the 'Windsor Magazine' in 1898.
The Story of the Gadsby
- Early story in etext and zip format, from Project Gutenberg.
Under the Deodars
- An early story in etext from the Project Gutenberg Edition .
With The Night Mail
- Science fiction from the original magazine version. Illustrated with photos of historic and modern airships as well as some of the news reports and advertisements Kipling fabricated for its publication.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 2, 2013 at 23:35:11 UTC -