become an editor
the entire directory
only in C/Chaucer,_Geoffrey
Arts: Literature: Periods and Movements: Medieval
Arts: Literature: Poetry
Arts: Literature: World Literature: British
- Features materials from Harvard University's Chaucer classes.
Balance in "The Book of the Duchess"
- An essay by Terry Bohannon about Chaucer's work.
Basic Chaucer Glossary
- A glossary of common words used by Chaucer.
Chaucer Bibliography Online
- Searchable index includes Chaucer studies from 1975 until the present.
Chaucer: Life and Times
- Information about Chaucer and his poetry.
Dante, Chaucer, and the Currency of the Word: Money, Images, and Reference in Late Medieval Poetry
- Examines, among other things, "the numerology at work in Dante's Paradiso, the problematics of imagery in 30 cantos, and how Chaucer's theory of mediation saved him from the fate of Narcissus."
- Annotated bibliography of Chaucer studies, 1900-1984; includes more than 900 records categorized by nearly 90 topics. By Mark Allen and John H. Fisher.
Geoffrey Chaucer at Today in Literature
- Biographical stories about "The Canterbury Tales" and "The Parliament of Fowls." Requires registration.
Geoffrey Chaucer Home Page
- Student site includes basic biographical information, bibliography, and Chaucer links.
Geoffrey Chaucer, ca. 1343 - 1400
- Features online Chaucer resources, including critical essays and quotations. From Luminarium.org.
Internet Archive: Chaucer and His England
- 1909 second edition by G. G. Coulton. Intended as an informal historical background and commentary.
The New Chaucer Society
- Membership organization for teachers and scholars of Geoffrey Chaucer and his times. Sponsors a biennial congress and publishes a journal, Studies in the Age of Chaucer (SAC). Membership fees, and SAC index.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 15, 2014 at 9:05:08 UTC -