become an editor
the entire directory
only in A/Alexie,_Sherman
Arts: Literature: Cultural: Native American
Arts: Movies: Titles: S: Smoke Signals
Society: Ethnicity: The Americas: Indigenous: Native Americans: Tribes, Nations and Bands: C: Coeur d'Alene
Society: Ethnicity: The Americas: Indigenous: Native Americans: Tribes, Nations and Bands: S: Spokane
At Navajo Monument Valley Tribal School
- Poem reprinted from "The Business of Fancydancing"
Border Talk with Sherman Alexie
- The author answers questions sent in by viewers of PBS's "P.O.V." program.
The Business of Fancydancing: Review
- Review of Alexie's movie, "The Business of Fancydancing"
Canku Ota: Sherman Alexie
- Biography, bibliography and photo from Canku Ota (Many Paths) Newsletter.
Chilling with an Indian Icon
- Conversation with the "Indian Superstar."
- Excerpt from a short story written by the author.
Interview with Sherman Alexie
- Interview by "The Atlantic Online" in June of 2000.
NPR : Sherman Alexie, 'Sitcom American'
- NPR interview; brief text description and online transcript.
On Sherman Alexie
- A guide to author's work, from the University of Illinois English Department's "Modern American Poetry."
Owl Dancing with Fred Astaire
- Reprint of poem.
Pictures and Words: Meeting Sherman Alexie
- Photos and quotes from students following Alexie's visit to an Alaskan high school.
Poet Sherman Alexie
- Academy of American Poets page featuring the author. Includes author photo, description of publications, and brief biography.
Reservation Blues: Enrichment Activities
- Lesson plan for enrichment activities for senior high school students reading "Resevation Blues."
- Review of 1996 release of Alexie's book, "Indian Killer." Includes brief interview with the author.
Sending Cinematic Smoke Symbols
- Interview conducted by Cineaste Film Magazine and reprinted by the UC Berkley Media Resources Center.
Sherman Alexie - Wikipedia entry
- Wikipedia entry on the author, with film and book lists.
Sherman Alexie Explores His Paradoxes
- Discussion and brief review of Alexie's movie, "The Business of Fancydancing"
Sherman Alexie reads "Dear John Wayne"
- Short biography and audio clip of Alexie reading "Dear John Wayne".
Sherman Alexie's Directorial Debut Hits Close to Home
- Seattle Times article (May 2002) about "The Business of Fancydancing" being made in the Pacific Northwest. Includes quotes from the author. [Requires registration]
Sherman Alexie's Website
- Official website of Sherman Alexie. Includes latest news, interviews, tour dates and gallery.
- Page for Royce Carlton, the agency representing the author's speaking engagements. Includes brief biography, critic quotes, and descriptions of awards won by the author.
Stereotype of the Month contest
- Article about Indian stereotyping, feature quotes from Alexie.
Ten Little Indians Book Review
- Book Review by the New York Times
The Toughest Indian In The World: Book Review
- Review of "The Toughest Indian in the World," May 2000 in The Post Gazette (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Boston "Phoenix" review of Smoke Signals, including interview with the author.
Up All Night
- Transcript of Alexie's interview on PBS's "Now" with Bill Moyers.
Usenet alt.native -
Usenet soc.culture.native.american -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2015 at 12:45:07 UTC -