the entire directory
only in Illustration/Historic_Illustrators
Open Directory - Arts: Illustration: Historic Illustrators
Arts: Art History: Artists
Society: History: By Time Period: Middle Ages: Manuscript Images
American Illustrators Gallery
- Features image gallery of artists from the "Golden Age of Illustration".
The Camelot Project: Artists
- Artists who have illustrated versions of the Arthurian legends, with their work.
- Biographical notes on the illustrators of Dickens' work.
The Iconography of Milton's ''Paradise Lost''
- Illustrations by: Gustav Doré, John Martin, John B. Medina, Benard Lens. Also: Burney, Westall, Hayman, and Blake.
SurLaLune Fairy Tale Illustration Gallery
- Classic fairy tale illustrations by Arthur Rackham, George Cruikshank, Jessie Willcox Smith, Edmund Dulac, Gustave Dore, Walter Crane, and Kay Nielsen.
Tusche, Tone And Stone: 19th Century News
- Illustrated discussion of 19th and early 20th century periodicals, and the artists whose work they published.
- 19th century illustration by Millais, Leighton, William Morris and an extensive list of other British artists.
- Attempt to collect and record all books having colour-printed illustrations or decorations from 15th century up to 1893.
Women Children's Book Illustrators
- Women illustrators from the Victorian period up to World War II, a project by Denise Ortakales.
World of the Child
- Exhibition at the University of Delaware Library. 200 years of illustrated books, the ealiest of which were not aimed exclusively at children.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 26, 2014 at 5:24:36 UTC -