the entire directory
only in Arts/Humanities
Great Books Indices
Literature in Art
Scholarship and Technology
Science: Social Sciences
This category in other languages:
Voice of the Shuttle
- Portal maintained by Alan Liu of the University of California, Santa Barbara. Features a history of the project, news and offers visitors the opportunity to participate by becoming volunteer editors.
American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Honorary society that recognizes achievement in the natural sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities and conducts a varied program of projects and studies responsive to the needs of society. Features publications in PDF format, news, events calendar, as well as lists of members and fellows.
American Council of Learned Societies
- Private non-profit federation of sixty-six national scholarly organizations. Provides information on ACLS fellowships and grants in all fields of the humanities, publications, and news.
Arts and Letters Daily
- Daily report of news in art and literature. Includes reviews of new books, essays and articles.
Australian Humanities Review
- Peer-reviewed interdisciplinary electronic journal of the humanities published quarterly. Features full-text articles, contact details for the editorial board, as well as information for authors.
California Council For The Humanities
- Nonprofit organization devoted to strengthening communities by creating, sponsoring and promoting change.
Center for the Humanities
- Supports individual teaching and research projects as well as serves as a communications resource for school programs and activities at Wesleyan University. Information on lecture series and the Andrew Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship.
CTI Centre for Textual Studies
- Features links to resources in Literature, Linguistics, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Classics, Film Studies, and Theater Arts. Also offers a calendar of events and publications. Hosted by the Humanities Computing Unit at the University of Oxford.
Emily's Page for the Humanities
- A collection of annotated links to general resources. Contains sections devoted to texts online, journals and Medieval and Renaissance links.
- Serves as a broad resource for a wide variety of literature-related materials, including text archives of both prose and poetry, fiction and non-fiction, as well as and other types of literature resources.
- Collections by subject--provided by Stanford University.
- A website for interdisciplinary research in the humanities. The site allows for the organization of interdisciplinary symposiums whose quality is guaranteed by an international scientific committee.
Irish Resources in the Humanities
- Directory of humanities sites of Irish interest. Categories include Irish Archaeology, Architecture, Archives and Libraries, Art, Geography, History, Irish Language, Literature and Theatre.
Modern Humanities Research Association
- Promotes advanced study and research in the field of the modern humanities, especially modern European languages and literatures (including English).
National Humanities Institute
- Promotes research, publishing, and teaching in the humanities, with emphasis on the ethical preconditions and purposes of culture and society.
Penn Humanities Forum
- University of Pennsylvania hosted program that provides a common ground for interdisciplinary exchange through cultural programs, fellowships and seminars. Features information on the program, calendar of events and links to related resources.
The Stanford Electronic Humanities Review
- Online version of the semi-annual interdisciplinary journal. Includes full contents of recent issues.
Utah Humanities Council
- Promotes lifelong learning using the humanities as a process of reflection, conversation and action. Features a description of the organization and activities. Also offers a calendar of events and contact details.
Virgin Islands Humanities Council
- Nonprofit organization supporting research, education and public projects in the humanities.
Washington Commission For The Humanities
- Dedicated to improving individual and community life through public programs that interpret culture and provide a forum for civic dialogue.
The WWW Virtual Library: Humanities
- A directory of resources maintained by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Göteborg University, Sweden. Features categories devoted to Archaeology, History, Philosophy, Religion, and academic departments, as well as general resources.
Usenet humanities.answers -
Usenet humanities.classics -
Usenet humanities.language -
Usenet humanities.lit -
Usenet humanities.misc -
Usenet humanities.philosophy -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 9, 2013 at 12:05:08 UTC -