become an editor
the entire directory
only in Language_Arts/Reading_Instruction
Arts: Literature: Children's
Arts: Television: Programs: Children's: Reading Rainbow
Kids and Teens: School Time: English: Reading
- Offers strategies, lessons,activities and ideas designed to help young children learn to read.
- Offers the Abecedarian reading assessment and printable practice word-study lessons for building decoding skills (recognizing words in chunks)
Benchmark Education Company
- Benchmark Education provides solutions to help educate all kinds of students: gifted, on-level, and struggling readers, students with learning disabilities, and those still mastering English as a second language.
- A reading motivation program for children in grades K-8. It offers recommended reading lists by grade level along with rewards for reading accomplishments.
Cando's Helper Page
- Printable practice activities to teach reading skills through grammar activities, sight word worksheets, and flash-based games
Center on Instruction: Reading: Grades K-12
- Offers research-based materials and printable guides on reading to assist educators and improve reading outcomes for students in grades K-12.
- A site designed to get boys reading. Offers a list of books recommended by the webmaster, children's author Jon Sczieska, and others suggested by visitors to the website.
- Featuring articles, printable worksheets, and book reviews.
The Library Lady
- A literacy website for parents and educators of young children.
Mrs Perkins Dolch Words
- Resources to help teach sight words including Dolch word lists, worksheet makers, and games.
- Strategies for teaching reading to children in the middle years.
- Offers books that you can download and print.
- Includes weekly worksheets for upper elementary and middle school levels.
Reading Comprehension Stories with Worksheets
- EdHelper.com's reading comprehension stories combine reading, math, spelling, writing, and vocabulary skills.
Reading First in Virginia
- A resource for teachers of primary grade children.
The Reading Genie
- Links and lessons about learning to read including research based methods
Reading Reform Foundation
- Includes online newsletters, subscription information, and links.
- The place where teachers can turn to find ready to go units, as well as information about reading and learning with other teachers. Lesson plans are ready to go in your classroom.
- Step-by-step lessons to help teachers and parents teach beginning reading using synthetic phonics.
- Comprehensive videos for teachers and parents explaining phonics concepts, plus links to state standards, and games and activities
Speed Reading Self-Pacing Methods
- By Dennis Doyle - Glendale Community College. Provides simple motion techniques to increase reading speed.
Succeed to Read
- Provides tips and techniques parents and teachers can use to teach children how to read.
Teaching Reading Fundamentals: A Guide for Parents
- A guide to help parents teach their children to read, providing resources and recommendations for teaching the alphabet, phonics, spelling, fluency, and comprehension.
The Textmapping Project.
- A resource for teachers improving reading comprehension skills instruction.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 30, 2014 at 9:15:03 UTC -