become an editor
the entire directory
only in Language_Arts/Reading_Instruction
Arts: Literature: Children's
Arts: Television: Programs: Children's: Reading Rainbow
Kids and Teens: School Time: English: Reading
- Offers strategies, lessons,activities and ideas designed to help young children learn to read.
- Offers the Abecedarian reading assessment and printable practice word-study lessons for building decoding skills (recognizing words in chunks)
Benchmark Education Company
- Benchmark Education provides solutions to help educate all kinds of students: gifted, on-level, and struggling readers, students with learning disabilities, and those still mastering English as a second language.
- A reading motivation program for children in grades K-8. It offers recommended reading lists by grade level along with rewards for reading accomplishments.
Cando's Helper Page
- Printable practice activities to teach reading skills through grammar activities, sight word worksheets, and flash-based games
Center on Instruction: Reading: Grades K-12
- Offers research-based materials and printable guides on reading to assist educators and improve reading outcomes for students in grades K-12.
- A site designed to get boys reading. Offers a list of books recommended by the webmaster, children's author Jon Sczieska, and others suggested by visitors to the website.
- Featuring articles, printable worksheets, and book reviews.
The Library Lady
- A literacy website for parents and educators of young children.
Mrs Perkins Dolch Words
- Resources to help teach sight words including Dolch word lists, worksheet makers, and games.
- Strategies for teaching reading to children in the middle years.
- Offers books that you can download and print.
- Includes weekly worksheets for upper elementary and middle school levels.
Reading Comprehension Stories with Worksheets
- EdHelper.com's reading comprehension stories combine reading, math, spelling, writing, and vocabulary skills.
Reading First in Virginia
- A resource for teachers of primary grade children.
The Reading Genie
- Links and lessons about learning to read including research based methods
Reading Reform Foundation
- Includes online newsletters, subscription information, and links.
- Comprehensive videos for teachers and parents explaining phonics concepts, plus links to state standards, and games and activities
Speed Reading Self-Pacing Methods
- By Dennis Doyle - Glendale Community College. Provides simple motion techniques to increase reading speed.
Succeed to Read
- Provides tips and techniques parents and teachers can use to teach children how to read.
Teaching Reading Fundamentals: A Guide for Parents
- A guide to help parents teach their children to read, providing resources and recommendations for teaching the alphabet, phonics, spelling, fluency, and comprehension.
The Textmapping Project.
- A resource for teachers improving reading comprehension skills instruction.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 2, 2015 at 5:15:05 UTC -