the entire directory
only in English_as_a_Second_Language/Teacher_Resources
English as a Second Language
Open Directory - Arts: Education: Language Arts: English: English as a Second Language: Teacher Resources
Professional Associations and Societies
Research and Reference
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Applied Linguistics
About.com ESL Guide
- Annotated lists for teacher resources, online lessons and quizzes, and software reviews.
- Worksheets, crosswords, word searches, flashcards, lesson plans, and teaching activities for ESL classrooms.
Breaking News English
- Free ESL lesson plans, handouts and current events podcast for English lessons.
- Offers vocabulary quizzes, tests, and business English lessons.
The EFL Playhouse
- Games, songs, fingerplays, chants, craft ideas, teaching tips, printable resources, and phonics activities for the early childhood classroom.
- Features free downloadable English teaching lesson worksheets with songs, games and puzzles for EFL lessons for all levels.
- Publications, presentations and related material which includes vocabulary exercises for professions.
- Offers downloadable development packs, interactive activities, live discussion groups and articles on teaching topics and strategies.
English Teachers Resources
- Collection of quizzes, case studies, stories, and lesson ideas. Themes include theater, science fiction and mysteries.
English To Go
- Fee-based offer of lessons from Reuters news articles, photocopiable student handouts, teaching notes and supplementary activities. A limited free area is available.
- Offers lesson plans for instructors teaching adult classes, along with worksheets based on news and hit songs.
- Sets of flashcards to print on various topics.
- ESL resources for teachers and students, including worksheets,lesson plans, online exercises, grammar and vocabulary exercises.
ESL Independent Study Lab
- Material organized by language ability and skill area. Detailed explanations of modalities involving computer and Internet-based language instruction.
- Offers flashcards, worksheets, games and activities, and job postings.
- Offers grammar and reading comprehension worksheets, song lyrics, board games, pronunciation, flashcards, surveys, and role plays. All free and printable.
- Directory of resources for students and teachers of English.
ESL Teaching Resources
- Create free picture and text bingo games in a matter of minutes. Boards are strored a database for future use and to share with other teachers.
ESL Through Music
- Free to copy and distribute lesson plans incorporating music as a learning tool.
- Over 2000 downloadable flashcards along with lesson plans and other resources.
- Offers forums for teachers in China, Korean, Vietnam, Russia, and Europe.
ETNI Teacher Ideas and Projects
- Articles, lesson plans, activities, and links to materials for teaching with music.
- Includes content-based lesson plans, activities, recommendations on classroom materials, and discussion boards for working with minority students.
- Information on the system for learning which describes the approach and includes information on how to start a program.
- Tips and training seminars aimed at Asian learners. Features talking pages, songs in MP3 format and games.
- Features ready to print worksheets and other resources for beginner to advanced levels.
The Many Roads to Japan
- A free textbook/reader. Can E-mail the author for questions and exercises.
- ESL learning exercises in reading, spelling, writing and grammar.
NCBE ERIC/CLL Online Directory of ESL Resources
- A searchable directory of resources organized by category and accessed through a selection of keywords.
- Provides training via distance learning for teachers of English as a Foreign language.
Oral English Activities
- Communicative speaking activities designed by a teacher working in China.
Oxford Teachers' Club
- Free teaching materials, lesson ideas, articles, and textbook supplements from Oxford University Press.
Pizzaz: Creative Writing and Storytelling Ideas
- Offers activities with copyable handouts for use with students of all ages. Utilizes poetry and fiction.
Presson English Teaching Material
- Supplementary teaching material downloadable each Monday morning for each class week. Lessons are in written and audio formats. Fee and login required for access. Free sample is available.
Sarah and John's TEFL Pitstop
- Offers free games, activities suited to the communicative style of teaching.
Simon's ELT Activity Land
- Personal page with descriptions of simple instructional activities.
Solutions for Teaching English
- Free materials to download plus lesson ideas, games and competitions and professional support.
- Enables teachers to turn text into a stimulating classroom exercises.
Teaching English In Taiwan Guide
- Offers information for teachers living in Taiwan. Also provides teaching ideas, children’s games and songs and job postings.
TESL/TEFL Games and Activities Directory
- Database of game ideas, grouped by age appropriateness.
- Free printable worksheets and other resources for Grades 6-12. Many literature based.
Three Wise Monkeys
- Learning games, teaching ideas and activities. Primarily for Japanese students.
Using English in China
- Lesson plans and information for students attending Xiangtan Normal University. Resources for teachers in China.
Your Guide to English Language
- Materials for classroom use and coursebook evaluations. Primarily for teachers in Turkey.
Usenet bit.listserv.tesl-l -
Usenet misc.education.language.english -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 4, 2014 at 6:24:10 UTC -