become an editor
the entire directory
only in Student_Resources/Idioms_and_Slang
English as a Second Language
Idioms and Slang
Open Directory - Arts: Education: Language Arts: English: English as a Second Language: Student Resources: Idioms and Slang
Reference: Dictionaries: World Languages: E: English: Slang
The Idiom Connection
- An A-Z list of idioms, their meaning and use along with accompanying quizzes for the idioms in each alpha category.
American Idiomatic Expressions
- A comprehensive list of idioms, browsable through alphabetical links. Includes parts of speech, definitions and example sentences.
- An extensive list of American idioms.
Chinese-English Slang Translations
- Various expressions, usually colloquialisms or slang, translated for the benefit of native Chinese speakers learning English.
Commonly-Used American Slang
- An alphabetical list of words and expressions, set out as a quiz with hidden answers.
The Dog Hause Idioms
- Quotes, rules of thumb, idioms and humor.
English Slang Dictionary in Chinese
- American English slang words and phrases translated into Chinese and sorted alphabetically. Members can contribute translations and provide example sentences in English.
- Offers an American culture perspective including movies, music, slang words, and conversations.
ESL Idiom List
- Listed alphabetically but without definitions.
- Explains the origins of some common idioms and proverbs in an alphabetized order.
Schandlbooks - American Slang
- Features up to date slang words with definitions, examples and a slang quiz.
- Offers examples of American slang found in popular songs and movies. Also includes insults, body parts, bad words and their meanings.
Idioms and Slang
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 22, 2008 at 10:22:53 UTC -