the entire directory
only in English_as_a_Second_Language/Student_Resources
English as a Second Language
Open Directory - Arts: Education: Language Arts: English: English as a Second Language: Student Resources
Grammar and Vocabulary
Idioms and Slang
Listening and Speaking
Reading and Writing
Tests and Quizzes
BBC World Service - Learning English
- Comprehensive materials for intermediate to advanced ESL learners from the BBC World Service. Uses simplified news stories to present English in context along with extensive audio and video clips. Also provides grammar and vocabulary feedback along with discussion groups and quizzes.
- Offers self-study instruction, cross-cultural training, and lessons designed specifically for children.
Brian & Neko's Place
- A variety of discussion-based activities of interest to teachers and students alike.
Churchill House: Online English
- Downloadable programs and lesson plans, interactive quizzes and information on exams.
Corrine's ESL Homepage
- A site for ESL students to have fun learning by surfing the internet in English for shopping, cooking, music, kids, sports, holidays. Oriented toward Japanese students.
David Appleyard's World of English
- Offers an online literature and reference library, English study materials, a dictionary bank, worldwide newspaper and official tourist information links, humor and health pages, regular art spots and a bulletin board.
- Online resources for First Certificate or above EFL students.
- Includes games, tests, and quizzes for young learners who are beginner to lower-intermediate level.
- Subscription fee for downloadable grammar, vocabulary, spelling and pronunciation material for classroom and self-study use. Samples available for intermediate and advanced learners.
English at Home
- Learning tips and advice for learning or improving grammar, speaking, and vocabulary. Also learning games and a free newsletter. Requires Flash.
- Offers grammar and vocabulary activities, word games, pen pal listings, and question-and-answer service. Includes free classroom handouts for teachers.
- Includes American slang expressions, proverbs, grammar, common mistakes, song lyrics and other topics.
English Grammar Online
- Learn English online - free exercises, grammar explanations, games and teaching materials.
- Grammar explanations, free grammar, multiple choice and irregular verbs exercises and crosswords for beginner to intermediate level.
English: The International Language
- Free online lessons, resources and advice for learners and teachers of English as a second language and English as a foreign language.
- Daily word list, exercises, cartoons, tests and articles.
- Interactive grammar quizzes, reading and vocabulary exercises for students.
ESL Resource Center
- Resources for international students including free lessons.
- Features stories, quizzes, games, listening exercises, overseas program links, pen pals and forums.
The ESL Wonderland
- Offers listening, reading and grammar exercises.
- Offers free online classes and message boards for English learners.
Interesting Things for ESL Students
- Free textbook and study area with a daily page of proverbs, slang, anagrams, and quizzes. Requires Flash player.
Isabel's ESL Site
- Offers quizzes, tests, comprehension, grammar exercises and popular songs for secondary students.
Language Communication and Technology II/III
- History on "Aussie Lingo" with an Australian slang dictionary and help in understanding pronunciation.
Language Guide English
- Names of hundreds of common objects where the beginner student can hover the cursor over an image and hear its pronunciation and spelling.
Language School Teachers
- A global service to help language teachers and learners contact each other.
- Sections on grammar and vocabulary, tests, games, dictation and a forum. Many audio files to help with listening and skills.
- Free website from the British Council that offers help to ESL learners from elementary to advanced level, with interactive games, multimedia exercises and stories.
Learning English: Choosing an English Language School
- Answers to questions about how to learn English, choosing a school, the best examination to do, and what makes a good business English course.
- Award-winning online library and language lab of copyright-free English texts with audio clips. Critically acclaimed collection ranging from famous quotes and poems to Aesop's Fables and Inaugural Addresses.
- ESL/EFL moo that provides a place for learners of English to chat with one another.
- Fee-based interactive lessons offered to help improve scores on the IELTS, TOEFL, EAP, and FCE exams.
- Offers free and shareware versions of learning material which include US state games, vocabulary training, quizzes and the opportunity to play the games online.
Studio Classroom Taiwan
- From the magazine and radio program designed to teach conversation to Mandarin-speaking Chinese students.
- Site for people learning English as a second or foreign language (ESL or EFL) including help about how to write argument or opinion essays.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 23, 2013 at 7:45:05 UTC -