become an editor
the entire directory
only in Woodworking/Schools_and_Instruction
Schools and Instruction
The Acanthus Workshop, LLC
- Woodworking education offered for all levels, from basic wood finishing to Master level classes. Located in East Coventry (Philadelphia area), PA
Alpine School of Woodcarving
- Founded and operated by Wayne Barton and specializing in the education of chip carving. Located in Park Ridge, Illinois.
American School Of French Marquetry
- Offering both week-long and weekend classes teaching the classical French 18th century marquetry method using a chevalet. Located in San Diego, California.
American Woodcarving School
- Holds regular day and evening classes 52 weeks out of the year, and approximately 6 weekend workshops per year. Located in Wayne, New Jersey USA.
American Woodworking Academy
- Woodworking trade school featuring instruction in cabinet making, furniture building,and hands-on woodworking. Located in Fenton, Missouri.
Andrew Crawford - fine decorative boxes
- Offering a range of box making classes. Located in Acton Scott, Church Stretton, Shropshire, UK.
Barry Gordon Woodcarving
- Classes in carving contemporary and classic wooden utensils and decorative spoons. Located near Syracuse, NY,
Boston Woodworking Co., Ltd.
- Offers workshops designed to teach fundamental woodworking skills. Sunbury, Ohio.
Center for Furniture Craftsmanship
- Offers workshops, twelve-week intensives, and a nine-month comprehensive, taught by an international faculty in Rockport, Maine.
Centre for Fine Woodworking
- Offering short and full-time courses in furniture making and design with a wide scope for many aspects of woodworking. Located in Nelson, New Zealand.
Chidwick School of Fine Woodworking
- Teaches how to create wood products such as rocking chairs and build your woodworking skills.
Chippendale International School of Furniture
- Full breadth curriculum in a 30-week format that takes the student from timber identification to setting up a business. Located in Edinburgh Scotland.
College of the Redwoods
- Fine furniture woodworking school located in Northern California, offering 1-2 week summer workshops as well as a nine-month comprehensive program. Founded in 1982 by James Krenov.
Connecticut Valley School of Woodworking
- Offering one- to 5-day classes in furniture making, woodcarving, woodturning, furniture finishing and related crafts. Located in Manchester, Connecticut and associated with the local Woodcraft store.
- Teaches traditional woodworking and woodturning techniques with noted author Ernie Conover and other expert instructors.
Country Workshops Woodworking School
- Focusing on traditional craftsmanship with hand tools. Classes offered in chairmaking, carving, boxmaking, and spoonmaking. Located an hour from Ashville, NC
David Charlesworth Fine Furniture Making Courses
- Noted author David Charlesworth offers both short (5-days) and long (12-week) furniture making courses at his workshop in Hartland, Devon, UK.
David Savage - Fine Furniture Maker
- Offering six-month to one-year length courses in contemporary furniture making and design. Located in the Village of Shebbear, UK.
Edward Barnsley Workshop
- Furniture making training for apprentices and fee-paying pupils in Froxfield, England. Includes details of the programs, an application form and information about the Edward Barnsley Educational Trust.
Franklin Street Fine Woodwork
- Offers beginning and intermediate classes and private instruction. Includes syllabus and registration forms. Tampa, Florida.
Furniture Design, Product Design And Woodworking
- Art and Design Department of Northern Michigan University offers four-year B.S., B.A. and B.F.A. degrees in furniture design, product design and woodworking.
Furniture Institute of Massachusetts
- Both Full-time (20 months) and part-time (2- to 10-day) classes in furniture making are offered by Phil Lowe at his Beverly, MA studio.
- Teaching skills and knowledge for building energy-efficient homes with programs dealing in all aspects of the homebuilding crafts, including timber framing, cabinet making, and finish carpentry.
Homestead Heritage Woodworking School
- Offers classes from one- to twelve-days in hand-tool woodworking. School is part of a larger homestead training facility located near Waco, Texas.
Homestead Woodworking School
- Schedule of courses, registration procedure, location, and information concerning Homestead Woodworking School in New Hampshire.
Inside Passage School of Fine Woodworking
- Based in Roberts Creek, BC, Canada.
J D Lohr School of Woodworking
- Practical machine woodworking class without the dogma. Course focuses on table saw, router, repeatable skills, and safety. Beginner, intermediate or advanced students welcome. Schwenksville, Pennsylvania.
John Garrison Woodworking
- Personal instruction in woodworking teaching that helps fit woodworking with busy lifestyle and enjoy the experience. Located just south of Cloverdale Indiana, USA.
John Lloyd Fine Furniture
- Offering a series of two to five day classes in furniture making. Classes for beginners through advanced studies. Located in East Sussex.
Le nombre d'or
- Offering lectures and technical training, for up to one year, for all levels of skill in restoration and conservation of wooden gilded objects. Located in Paris.
Lonnie Bird's School of Fine Woodworking
- Hands-on woodworking instruction by author Lonnie Bird. Classes include furniture making, carving, joinery, and chair making. School is located in Dandridge, Tennessee.
- Offering hands-on woodworking classes for beginners and access to a woodworking studio for members. Located in Brooklyn, New York USA.
Marc Adams School of Woodworking
- Instructional classes on every form of woodworking from basic design to finishing techniques. Located in Franklin, Indiana, but offers lectures and seminars across the country.
Masterpiece School of Furniture
- Teaches the philosophy and classic form of 17th and 18th century furniture making. Overview of school and courses, photos of students at work, portfolio and instructor biography.
Mike Siemsen's School of Woodworking
- Weekend and week long woodworking classes offering a variety of projects for all skill levels. Located 35 miles North of St. Paul in Minnesota.
New England School Of Architectural Woodworking
- Offering a 37 week architectural training program, and 10 week evening classes in woodworking. Located in Easthampton, MA.
New Legacy School of Woodworking
- Short courses in craftsmanship. Learn hand tool woodworking to create furniture using time-tested methods. Located in North Wales, UK.
North Bennet Street School Programs
- Training people for employment since 1885 for work in fields that require craftsmanship and skillful use of hand tools and power equipment.
North Country Studio Workshops
- Offering woodworking classes for intermediate and advanced woodworkers. Located in Deerfield, NH
North House Folk School
- In addition to folk studies and crafts, this non-profit school offers various entry level woodworking, timberframing, and boatbuilding classes. Most classes are three days in length or less. Located in Grand Marais, MN.
The Northwest Woodworking Studio
- Offers a variety of seminars and workshops. Also, five- and ten-week courses and a 2-year comprehensive program are also available. Located in Portland Oregon.
Old English Furniture & Cabinet Co.
- Offering classes and workshops teaching the proficiencies and skills essential to accomplish the construction of fine furniture and cabinetry. Located in Selmer, Tennessee.
Olde Mill Cabinet Shoppe
- Specializes in 18th c American Furniture and wood restoration supplies along with offering classes in "Philadelphia Style" cabinet making. Occasional classes and courses offered by Gene Landon of Fine Woodworking Magazine.
Palomar College Cabinet & Furniture Technology
- Offers courses ranging from Furniture Design, Timber Framing, Guitar building, to Production Cabinetmaking. Four full-time and sixteen part-time instructors teach at this 2,000 student school located in San Marcos, California.
Passion for Wood
- Classes, group seminars, and individual training offered in various woodworking techniques. Courses of one-to-three weeks in length are offered that are both project-based and skills-based. Located in Acton, Ontario CA
Philadelphia Furniture Workshop
- Offering a broad range of seminars, workshops, and classes ranging from one to three days. Students learn on traditional joiners benches. Located in a 1920s factory building in Philadelphia, PA.
Port Townsend School of Woodworking
- The Port Townsend School of Woodworking offers a full range of workshops on cabinet and furniture making, as well as classes on historic preservation and traditional woodcrafts
Rob Cosman Workshops
- Noted Canadian woodworker, Rob Cosman, offers four and five day hand tool workshops in Oakville, Ontario and Calgary, Alberta.
Roberto-Venn School of Luthiery
- Since 1977, school has offered 5-month long master craftsman level classes in guitar making and repair.
Rosewood Studio - School of Fine Woodworking
- Offering one-day to nine-month woodworking classes in all aspects of woodworking including furniture making and a "tutored build" program, where students receive one-on-one instruction on a flexible time schedule. Located in Almonte, Ontario, Canada (Ottawa).
Ted Harlan Woodworking School
- Instruction includes wood basics, advanced joinery, lutherie, furniture, guitar making and construction. Located in Louisville, Kentucky
Tennessee Technological University: Wood Studio
- The program offers a strong foundation in woodworking and furniture making. The course is composed of a series of eight classes that focus on different aspects of woodworking and design.
Tillers International - Woodworking
- This homesteading training center offers classes in practical historical woodworking, such as timber framing, chairmaking, wheel wrighting, cart wrighting, and coopering. Located on 450 acres near Scotts, Michigan.
University of Maine: Wood Design and Craftsmanship
- Offers a fully accredited undergraduate degree in Wood Science and Technology. Located in Orono, Maine.
Vermont Woodworking School
- Woodworking and furniture-making school in a modern shop in a large, historic barn in Fairfax, Vermont.
Willam Ng School of Fine Woodworking
- Offers classes in all areas of woodworking, but with an emphsis on furniture building. School is located in Anaheim, California.
The Windsor Institute
- Exclusively dedicated to teaching Windsor chair-making this school founded by chair maker Mike Dunbar in 1980, offers five day classes two to three times each month. Located in Hampton, NH.
The Windsor Workshop
- Offering 5-day classes in various styles of Windsor chair making. Located in West Chiltington, Pulborough, West Sussex, UK
The Wood Whisper
- Offers video, articles, shared projects, forums, chat, radio, and a virtual woodworking school with winter, summer, and fall sessions.
Woodsmith Woodworking Seminars
- One-hour seminars held weekly in a 200-seat woodworking shop/classroom. Seminars are presented by the editors of Woodsmith, ShopNotes, and Workbench magazines. Located in Des Moines, Iowa.
The Woodworking Academy and Routing Academy
- Provides courses and tuition in all aspects of woodworking and Routing. Located in Nottinghamshire, UK.
Schools and Instruction
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 17, 2014 at 4:43:34 UTC -