become an editor
the entire directory
only in Woodworking/Organizations
Arts: Crafts: Associations
Arts: Crafts: Woodcraft: Associations
- Non-profit corporation, to develop and disseminate information relative to the uses, advantages and functional utility of wood products in all types of building construction. Includes news and legislative information.
American Chestnut Foundation
- Dedicated to the restoration of the American Chestnut through scientific breeding and cooperative research.
Annapolis Woodworkers Guild
- Exists to advance fellowship among persons interested in the art of woodworking; to promote the tradition, culture, and history of woodworking; to promote knowledge and understanding of woodworking; and to enable its members to enjoy and appreciate the woodworking skills of others. Links to wood toxicity information.
The Brandon Woodworkers Club
- Club devoted to all levels and types of woodworking. Offers newsletter, messageboards, and links. Located in Brandon, Florida.
British Antique Furniture Restorers Association
- Organization of craftsmen and women concerned to maintain the highest standards in the field of antique furniture restoration and conservation. Includes information on their student branch and listed colleges.
Cabinet Makers Association
- Association of cabinet shop owners formed to provide a national voice and presence for the small cabinet shop. Offers online commercial insurance application.
The Central Minnesota Woodworkers Association
- St. Cloud, Minnesota area group sharing a common interest in the art and business of woodworking. Meets monthly in Sauk Rapids to share information, techniques and topics of interest.
Conejo Valley Woodworkers Association
- Dedicated to helping members increase their woodworking skills and promote woodworking to the general public. Online monthly newsletter [PDF format].
Des Moines Woodworkers Association
- Non-profit association dedicated to fellowship, education, and community service for those of all skill levels in the field of woodworking. Many links to other information.
- Founded to serve interested woodworkers in the Diablo Valley of the San Francisco East Bay Area. Includes meetings, projects, woodworking classes, and activities.
The Furniture Society
- Advancing the art of furniture making by inspiring creativity, promoting excellence, and fostering understanding of this art and its place in society. Offers public and members-only forum and website search feature.
The Guild of New Hampshire Woodworkers
- Through regular meetings, lectures, demonstrations, juried exhibits, and a newsletter the Guild strives to bring together the diverse interests of the New Hampshire woodworking community.
Guild of Oregon Woodworkers
- A united group of hobbyists and professionals who share a common passion for woodworking.
Lehigh Valley Woodworkers' Guild
- Pennsylvania organization presents its meetings, newsletters, member photo portfolios, and links to other resources.
Long Island Woodworkers Club
- Membership is open to persons of all skill levels. Offers monthly meetings, a newsletter, seminars, field trips, toys for tots, a library with video tapes, books, magazines, and a yearly competition.
Mendocino Coast Furnituremakers
- Association of furniture makers dedicated to the preservation and evolution of fine furniture building. Includes galleries and schedule of displays.
Mid-America Woodcarvers Association
- A non-profit organization, promoting the appreciation and art of woodcarving and associated crafts through instruction, exhibitions, demonstrations and workshops.
Northeastern Wisconsin Woodworkers Guild
- Purpose is to further education and fellowship for area amateur and professional woodworkers, to advance the collective interest of woodworking. Open to all woodworkers, male and female, for whom wood as a craft material is of special interest. Includes extensive list of books and videos from their library.
San Diego Fine Woodworking Society
- Hobbyists and professionals. Objectives are education, promotion,and public appreciate of principles and practices of fine woodworking. [Membership fee]
Saskatchewan Woodworkers Guild
- Professional woodworkers and hobbyists sharing their interests in all phases of woodworking from carving, turning, marquetry and cabinet making to finishing and restoration. Lists classes and events. Displays member gallery.
Suncoast Woodcrafter Guild
- Provides articles, forum, club information and how to join. Based in British Columbia, Canada
Victorian Woodworkers' Association (VWA)
- To make connections between woodworkers in Australia and the rest of the world, to expand the information available to us on all aspects of our craft, and to make available information about Australian woodwork and woodworkers to a wider audience.
The Wooden Word Online
- Website for the Washington Woodworkers Guild located in Alexandria, VA.
Woodworker's Guild of Georgia
- Goal is to educate its members and the public through the promotion and development of the highest standards in every aspect of woodworking. Contains message board and calendar of events.
Woodworker's Website Association
- Contains magazine, forum, games, plans, chat, and member sites.
Usenet rec.woodworking -
Usenet soc.org.nonprofit -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 27, 2014 at 13:54:07 UTC -