the entire directory
only in Woodcraft/Woodturning
Events and Symposiums
Pole and Treadle Lathe Turning
This category in other languages:
Center For Art in Wood, The
- A Philadelphia-based not-for-profit arts institution, gallery and resource center dedicated to the art and craft of lathe-turned objects.
A Course In Wood Turning
- Etext at Project Gutenberg. By Archie S. Milton and Otto K. Wohlers.
The Daniel Collection
- Of fine turned wood from over 20 UK turners. Includes photos of the instant gallery at AWGB Seminar, Loughborough 2003 and 2005
Darrell Feltmate's Page
- Instructions and projects for beginner and intermediate, including sharpening, sanding system, making tools, preparing green wood, turning crotch wood, turning a hollow form, and using the hook tool.
Early Wood Lathes
- Historic, non-motorized, wood lathes and related machines from ancient Egypt to the 19th century.
Harding Pens and Woodturnings
- Information on pen making, types of wood, and a monthly featured item.
Hilton Handcrafts of the Ozarks
- Articles on many aspects of woodturning and toolmaking
- A rookie woodturner shares his enthusiasm and early efforts to help other beginners learn woodturning.
Karl Tickle Media Productions
- Wood craft filming and marketing service, mainly woodturning.
Laymar Crafts Woodturning
- Offers a collection of hints and tips, lists of suppliers, links and books. Also includes a gallery featuring items for sale.
- Lathes and jigs for creative woodturning.
Steve Worcester Turningwood
- How-to articles and links to artists, club websites and internet sources
Turned.Out.Right Woodturning Web-Shop
- A site dedicated to the learning, sharing and advancement of the wood turning craft, includes blogs and pages about techniques used in his workshop. Also e-books for sale.
Turning Wood Into Art: The Jane and Arthur Mason Collection
- Museum site; the subjects explored are among those related to wood, including material esthetics, process and image, storytelling, design, and tree life. Features examples of the work of 42 woodturners.
- Workshop and display gallery. Cape Town, South Africa
- Turning forum. Also access to contest entry and results.
- Free AAW-sponsored space to discuss woodturning, and share ideas, techniques and resources. Also galleries, online videos, tips and techniques.
The Woodturners Workshop - Brian Clifford
- A resource for woodturners, including an introduction to techniques, bibliography, glossary of terms, projects, gadgets, faqs, gallery, and a discourse on trees.
- Showing a variety of designs that can be turned on a wood lathe, the designs are done using TurboCad 3D program,
Woodturning Design Magazine
- Full-color publication dedicated to the art of the wood lathe; includes projects with instructions and step-by-step photos, and articles covering interesting woodturners, innovative techniques, and exquisite works of art.
- A source for information, projects, community and vendors.
Woodturning Reference and Information Site
- A reference source of relevant and useful information, with large directories of links. Page on timbers from A - Z.
Woodturning Videos Plus
- Articles on many aspects of the art of woodturning by Steven D. Russell. Also includes DVDs and ebooks for sale.
Woodworking on the Web with Coeur du Bois
- The Toolpost site with helpful pages for beginners, on thread chasing and other technical matters.
YouTube - Portland Woodturning Symposium
- Video snapshot of the largest gathering of woodturners from around the world. Includes links to other woodturning videos.
Usenet rec.crafts.woodturning -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 29, 2015 at 7:35:08 UTC -