become an editor
the entire directory
only in Weaving/Personal_Pages
Arts: Crafts: Personal Pages
Shopping: Crafts: Fiber Arts: Hand Weaving
Banner Mountain Textiles
- Blog site of Beryl Moody with descriptions of handwovens and information about her online sales venues.
Bedfellows Blankets by Peggy Hart
- Weaver of blankets and throws on 1940s vintage dobby looms. Retail blankets and custom weaving available.
Britta Sorensen's Art
- Contains some of the artist's work at the Teachers College of Arts and Crafts. Fiber sculptures illuminated from within.
- Alaskan Native artist tells of her apprenticeship with Tlingit Indian master Chilkat weaver Jennie Thlunaut and displays her own Chilkat weaving and Ravenstail weaving.
- Textile blog of Karen Madigan. Includes a gallery and articles/tutorials on weaving and related textile techniques.
de Larios, Ulla
- Pictures and explanation of process of this handweaver's works. Includes list of past exhibitions.
Designs in Textiles
- Gallery of finished works made in this weaver's studio, exhibit information.
- An Italian weaver's travelogue in Ghana.
- Made of hand-dyed wool rugs. Includes artist's statement.
- Artist's statement by this dyer and rug weaver.
Guntram's Tabletweaving Page
- Displays a gallery of completed projects and patterns.
Hand Woven Clothing by Candiss Cole
- Fiber artist designs hand woven silk ikat and wool clothing - handmade from yarn to fabric, then to finished clothing.
- Yugoslavia-born weaver living in Austria. Includes resume and images of textured and collapse type fabrics.
Homestead Weaving Studio
- Great Cyber Dish Towel Exchanges, information about weaving studio and yarns, looms, spinning wheels, spinning supplies and other items for sale. Pictures of woven rugs, throws and other items for sale. [site requires plug-ings]
- Project and equipment pictures, links, and personal information.
James Donald Pickone
- A Scottish based company producing one off and manufactured woven fabricsusing yarn combinations such as mohair and cotton chenille.
- Experienced handweaver showcases clothing, accessories and gives show information.
- Horsehair weaving. Includes projects, gallery, statement and artist profile.
- Weaver and clothing designer offers gallery and workshop information.
Laura Foster Nicholson
- Hand woven fine art tapestries and jacquard artworks, with links to dealer's sites.
Laura Fry Weaving Studio
- Weaver in Prince George, British Columbia shares a gallery of the artist's works, workshop schedule, essays and how-to information for weavers.
- Woven Textiles: Art, Design and Consultancy. Gallery and bio including inspiration, materials, research and exhibitions.
Living Threads Judaica
- Artist Wendy Rabinowitz uses handweaving and assemblage of weaving/mixed media based on Judaic themes and worship. Has several gallery pages of work.
- Profile of the handweaver, gallery, and information on classes.
- Interior and fashion textiles, including commissioned and collaborative work.
Marni L. Martin - Fibre Studio
- Tapestry artist in Huntsville, ON. Enjoy a tour of her gallery and learn how to commission a work.
Michael F. Rohde - Hand Woven Wall Rugs
- Artist's statement, list of exhibits, gallery of rug-woven wallhangings.
Nadine Sanders - Singing Weaver
- Musician and weaver. Information on workshops, teaching schedule, music recordings.
- A gallery of rugs, towels and scarves designed and woven by Robin Murphy.
Orion's Plumage, studio of Rosalie Neilson
- The artist shares her love of color and geometric design in her warp-faced rep weaving and kumihimo braiding.
- This weaving teacher concentrates on helping weavers reach goals by reducing frustration. Information on books and workshops.
- Covers the weaving, teaching and writings of this weaver. Includes a beginning weaver's quiz.
Polly Barton Silk Weaver
- Original silk weaving, paintings with silk, exhibits and sales by Polly Barton, Ojo Caliente, New Mexico.
- Textile design studio producing an annual collection of hand-woven contemporary fabrics. Includes current works, influences and design process.
- Maker of Chilcat weaving. Information on the technique, workshops and field trips offered, also Celtic knot work drawing.
- Nancy Kronenberg designs handwovens for the home and public spaces. Tapestry and warp faced rugs, throws and table linens are featured.
- Handweaver, dyer, spinner, teacher. Gallery of work includes woven cut-pile bags and rugs, embellishment of textiles. Links to weaver's weblog.
Sarah D. Haskell, Weaver, Artist, Educator
- Weaver and weaving teacher in York, Maine. Description of classes offered, and gallery of the artist's work, many in warp brocade.
- Contemporary fiber artist. Contains pictures of her pieces at the University of Nebraska Kearney.
- A portfolio of woven and painted metallic textiles for the wall. Lists classes and workshops in San Francisco and nationally.
- French weaver and artist creating textile sculptures and wallhangings, and offering courses to professional weavers, beginners and hobbyists.
Woodbridge Hill Handweaving Studio
- A handweaver in Southern Tasmania, Australia specialises in garments, shawls, furnishings, rugs and tapestries. Includes photos of work and studio hours.
- Gallery of Sara von Tresckow's 20-plus years of weaving, spinning and dyeing experience.
- A weaver in south New Jersey. Includes background, upcoming shows, and shops where items can be found.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 23, 2014 at 5:24:09 UTC -