the entire directory
only in Textiles/Weaving
Chats and Forums
Shopping: Crafts: Fiber Arts: Hand Weaving
This category in other languages:
21st Century Art
- Online exhibition of fabric making and embellishment, with emphasis on grid-based designs.
Blackdown Hills Natural Fibres
- Group of fibre farmers, processors and users working with Alpaca, Cashmere, Mohair and wool products.
Blazing Shuttles Handweaving
- Kathrin Weber Scott's handweaving and hand-dyeing images and process information. Fiber Classes offered to Guilds and Art/Craft Schools.
- Textile designer specializing in one-of-a-kind and custom handwovens. Trademark techniques include color horoscope weaving, words in color, and easy ikat.
- Db-Weben is software for handweavers. Free demo version available.
Crazy As A Loom Weaving Studio
- Studio tour and hand wovens including portage fluff rugs, placemats, blue jean rugs, scarves, shawls, and table runners.
Gill Back's Weaving
- Spinner and weaver with a gallery of handwoven rugs, cushion covers, wall hangings, shawls and scarfs.
Interactive Tartan Weaver
- A tool which allows the user to design a tartan by choosing a stripe sequence from a selection of colours.
Linda Hartshorn, handweaver, dyer
- An online portfolio of Linda's work, information on weaving classes and workshops.
Loom Dancer Designs
- Online gallery of original Rio Grande traditional weaving by Cari Ann Sample-Malver. Works include rugs, blankets, saddle blankets and tapestries.
Loop of the Loom
- Hand weaving studio in New York City, specializing in Japanese Saori method. Includes schedule of upcoming events, classes and online gallery.
- Free weaving projects aimed at the beginning weaver.
- This site deals with the activities of the Australian fabric artist.
Ralph Griswold's Digital Weaving Archive
- A collection of out-of-print documents on weaving, textile manufacture, design and pattern.
Santa Fe School of Weaving
- List of classes and workshops, also supplies available.
Saori Hand-weaving of New England
- A site promoting the form of weaving from Japan known as Saori. Lessons available in Worcester, MA.
- Spinners, weavers and dyers of linen and wool based in the Outer Hebrides.
Spinning Down Under
- Information on small loom building, weaving how-to, projects, and textile craft links.
- Gallery and information on New Zealand Maori weaving, a twined method of creating native geometric designs by artist Judy Shorten.
The Textile Museum
- Located in Washington, DC, the Textile Museum is dedicated to furthering the understanding of mankind's creative achievements in the textile arts. The museum's calendar, exhibitions, and shop are available.
- Information about fibers, textile, products and processes
Tim's Rudimentary Treadle Reducer
- A calculator to find a skeleton tie-up to reduce the number of treadles required for a weaving pattern.
- A Shetland group handweaving wool and other fibres on handlooms, producing clothing, accessories and home items.
- Free online weaving magazine with articles for weavers of all levels, providing inspiration and information on techniques.
Weaving Art Museum and Research Institute (WAMRI)
- Online virtual galleries present changing exhibitions of masterpieces of textile art from the eastern Mediterranean.
Weaving in Beauty
- Information on Navajo weaving and culture including events, educational opportunities, bibliography and advice on purchasing textiles.
- Online social network for hand-weavers from around the world.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 19, 2016 at 17:45:05 UTC -