become an editor
the entire directory
only in Textiles/Macrame
Open Directory - Arts: Crafts: Textiles: Macrame
Reference: Knots: Decorative
- Information with materials suggestions, knot instructions, projects and finishing ideas.
Destiny, The Culture of China - Macrame
- Examples and information about traditional Chinese knotting.
Encyclopedia of Needlework: Macrame
- A comprehensive introduction to the craft of macrame. Includes illustrations on knots and step-by-step instructions.
Handcrafted by Elaine
- Gallery of handcrafted wall hangings and sterling jewelry. Includes schedule of craft shows and class schedule, and detailed knot instructions.
How to Macrame a Plant Hanger
- Tutorial with step-by-step instructions and photos detailing how to macrame a plant hanger.
How to Make a Macrame Chair
- Detailed step-by-step instructions with photos to create a macrame lawn chair.
Ian Lander Jewelry
- Ian Lander is a macrame artist based on the East Coast. His macrame art is inspired by his travels and are heavily influenced by nature.
International Guild of Knot Tyers
- An association of people with interests in knots and knotting techniques of all kinds. Includes membership information, tips for beginners and a gallery.
Knot Heads World Wide
- Association of knot tying enthusiasts from around the world. Tutorials, articles, forum and videos for knot tying styles and techniques.
- Humorous child's story related to the craft, with drawings.
Macrame Lovers Blog
- Features macrame tips and techniques, tutorials and inspirational photos.
Macrame on Line
- Older issue of this e-zine dedicated exclusively to macrame. Includes review of an exhibit at a park museum, and a plant hanger pattern.
- Humorous collection of 70's style macrame owls and wall hangings.
- Treasury of owls formed in macrame, offered by Bill Davenport.
- List of articles, projects and links.
Micro-Macrame by Annika deGroot
- Weblog featuring macrame pieces from around the world, including the work of the author Annika deGroot.
- Gallery of work by macrame artist Isha Elafi.
- Ropecordage art. About the rope artist, his exhibitions, and his projects.
Project Gutenberg ebook of Encyclopedia of Needlework
- The history of macrame fringe with detailed instructions for creating macrame fringe and trimming.
- Australian designer gallery of modern interpretations of macrame plant hangers and lighting fixtures.
Woven Rope Friezes
- Patterns woven by Nils Kristian Rossing. Includes diagrams indicating relationship between the patterns and mathematical symmetry.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:15:05 PM EDT -