become an editor
the entire directory
only in Handspinning/Spinning_Fibers
Wool: Breeds of Sheep
- Maintained at Oklahoma State University. General information, photos, history of breed, bibliographies.
Cotton: From Field to Fabric
- Educational overview from the National Cotton Council.
Department of Textile Fabrics
- Article from the Smithsonian Institution covering the basic natural fibers.
- An email discussion list for anyone having an interest in those animals who provide fiber for fiber artists. Information on how to join; message archives for members only.
Libeco Lagae: From Fax to Linen
- Basic history, biology, growing, preparation, and end use. From The Linen House, an online store.
Qiviut (or Qiviuk)
- Luxurious down fiber from the Muskox. Hints on preparing and spinning the fiber; vendors.
The Revival of Colored Cotton, James M. Vreeland, Jr.
- History of naturally colored cotton in Peru
Soybean Protein Fiber
- Background on this fiber produced from soybeans, describing the process.
Wool: Navajo-Churro Sheep
- Origin, history, characteristics and preservation of this rare breed. Breeder list. Published by Navajo-Churro Sheep Association.
- Silk work by hand: silkworms, reeling, spinning and weaving.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 16, 2013 at 15:05:07 UTC -