become an editor
the entire directory
only in Textiles/Handspinning
Open Directory - Arts: Crafts: Textiles: Handspinning
Festivals and Events
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Livestock: Sheep: Breeds
This category in other languages:
Black Sheep Newsletter
- A quarterly for sheep growers and fiber enthusiasts. Table of contents of current issues, subscriptions, books and back issues.
Company of the Silver Spindle
- A Guild operating within the Society for Creative Anachronism. Photo gallery, glossary of terms and a list if spinning deities.
Greater Los Angeles Spinning Guild
- A group of spinners whose members come to spinning from a variety of fiber arts. Event calendar, membership form, newsletters, tips and tricks.
- Fiber artist Holly Schaltz teaches contemporary interpretations of handspinning and handweaving. Includes class information, teacher biography and description of her process.
Illinois Prairie Spinners
- Programs and other information about Illinois Prairie Spinners, a handspinning guild that meets in the western suburbs of Chicago.
Insects that Damage Wool
- Description, habits, and treatment of clothes moths and carpet beetles.
Modern History Sourcebook: The Loss of Woollen Spinning, 1794
- Social observations on the loss of woollen spinning as a cottage industry in 1794
Northeast Handspinners Association
- Dedicated to the art and craft of handspinning in northeast US. Events calendar, information on The Gathering sponsored conference.
- Teacher and author offering information on her workshops, videos for sale, and online help.
- A magazine devoted to all aspects of spinning. Includes indexes of back issues and subscription information. Also other Interweave Press spinning information.
- A teaching facility dedicated to the promotion of fiber arts. Information about classes, recommended equipment, and events at the farm.
The Spinning Wheel Sleuth
- Periodical devoted to spinning wheels and related tools
- Articles, projects and resources on handspinning, weaving and fiber crafts, including the author's textile blog.
An Tir: Spinners Guild
- Group of spinners operating in the context of the Society for Creative Anachronism. History, bibliography.
Yarnspinners Tales's Podcast
- Discussions of handspinning fiber, equipment and technique plus a monthly Spin In with music and stories to spin along with.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 27, 2013 at 19:08:42 UTC -