become an editor
the entire directory
only in Textiles/Dyeing
Business: Consumer Goods and Services: Crafts: Supplies
Business: Textiles and Nonwovens: Dyestuffs and Chemicals: Dyestuffs and Inks
Shopping: Crafts: Supplies: Fiber Arts
Ancient Dyes, Natural and Synthetic
- Articles on the history and chemistry of indigo and several purples.
- Image gallery of hand-dyed scarves and T-shirts, with instructions for dying with indigo and the best plant sources for indigotin.
Clarissa Cochran - Shibori
- Photos and description of basic shibori techniques, biography and workshop information.
Dharma Trading: Craft Techniques
- Dyeing techniques and projects, mostly on black and white blanks.
Diary of a West Cork Dyer
- Recipes on wool, and commentary, excerpts from Kate Jepson's writings.
- Information on dye effects achieved by the removal of color already in the fabric, rather than by adding it.
- Covers basics of color theory, vat immersion, direct application and fabric embellishments.
- Russian batik artist exploring clothes and interior decor. History and overview of tools, gallery and artist background. (See link in English.)
- The poor person's purple. An article speculating on the history of this coloring, including bibliography and experimentation.
Paula Burch's All About Hand Dyeing
- Gallery and how to tie-dye, batik, and dye by many other techniques including low water immersion, dip dyeing, and sprinkle dyeing.
- Carol Todd, natural dye specialist. Contains recipes for the Dye Plant of the Month, handwoven rugs, and a gallery of hand-painted silk items.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 7, 2008 at 7:41:09 UTC -