become an editor
the entire directory
only in Textiles/Braiding
- A kumihimo beginner's instructional handout.
The Braid Society
- Group which focuses on narrow off-loom techniques. Includes membership information, resources and events.
Braidweaver - Carol Franklin
- Introduction to Kumihimo on the Taka Dai, including description of the parts of the device and braiding instructions.
- Features the artist's work in kumihimo and contains information about workshops.
A Few Medieval Braids
- Instructions with illustrations for creating a basic flat braid, a basic round or square braid, a guilloche, and a fingerloop braid. Different strand configurations are shown.
- Maryse Levenson, weaver, braidmaker and teacher. Includes resume, classes offered and scheduled, and gallery of work.
Fifteenth-Century Fingerlooped Braid Reproductions
- Samples by Carolyn Priest-Dorman, with photographs and comments.
- Fingerloop braids from 15th-17th century Medieval Europe. Transcribed and interpreted from documents of the era with detailed instructions and profuse illustrations.
- Information on tablet weaving and ply-split braiding, photos of bands, braids, and baskets, workshop descriptions, mail order supplies and instructions.
Hirai Kumihimo House
- A craft house in Japan producing items including sashes, haori laces and jewelry. Includes a brief background of the art and pictures of the various types of stands in use.
- Artist working in kumihimo as well as kute-uchi, an archaic technique she reconstructed. Includes information on workshops.
- Includes a bibliography and brief discussion about equipment.
- Lessons, information and sources for Japanese kumihimo, maru dai braiding techniques and equipment.
Making a Viking Whip-cord
- Instructions for making a 4 strand braid using a method called interlocking or Viking Whip-cord.
- Author, teacher, artist, and industry consultant. Features a bibliography, gallery, and event schedule.
Van Epen, Marijke
- Features ethnic weaving techniques and tablet weaving. Includes gallery, information on workshops and publications.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2014 at 16:54:06 UTC -