the entire directory
only in Textiles/Artists
Arts: Crafts: Artisans
Reference: Museums: Arts and Entertainment: Textile and Costume
- San Diego fiber artist displays her artistic quilts, wearable art clothing and happiness dolls.
- Explores weaving, dévoré, dyeing, surface design and emerging textile techniques. Her knowledge has been shared by teaching, curating textile and craft exhibitions, lecturing and exhibiting internationally.
- Mixed-textile fiber wall art focusing on installations for commercial and residential architecture. Techniques include weaving, dyeing, papermaking, and basketry.
- Produces handwoven clothes, handmade leather bags and quilts. Biography and gallery of works.
- Multimedia Hawaiian artist working in rozome (silk painting) and quilting.
- Creates two and three dimensional fiber works in quilt technique. Includes gallery, exhibition list and resume.
- Self-taught textile artist from San Francisco, working in embroidery, applique and piecework. Includes gallery, exhibitions and reviews.
- Silk and fabric works, drawings on paper and fabric, and handmade paper baskets and vessels. Gallery, information on her books and TV appearances.
- Gallery offered by this fiber sculptor features organically shaped pieces using basketry techniques in linen, biography and statement.
- Surface texture developed by applying fabrics, yarns and embellishing with machine and hand stitchery. Artist background, gallery and contact information.
- The work and methods of Hawaiian silk painter. Artist's statement and her gallery of wearable art.
- Creator of tapestries, wall hangings and architectural glass features. Gallery, exhibitions, resume and commission information.
- Fabric based art including wall hung, sculpture, installation and prints featuring imagery dealing with childhood fantasies. Gallery and artist's statement.
- Combines various fabrics through an appliqué technique augmented by acrylic paint, as well as drawings and collages. Gallery, artist's statement and contact information.
- Hand painted silk art quilts including aerial landscape representations, and wearable art. Portfolio, biography and contact information.
Gianello, Luciana Costa
- Knotted leather pile hangings, cut-fabric technique and works in plexiglass. Gallery, biography and contact information.
- Contemporary mixed media two-dimensional pieces. Includes background, portfolio and commission information.
- Art quilts, tapestries and landscape paintings. Gallery and exhibition vita.
- Studio artist known for her investigation and use of gut and skin-like materials, interest in the translation of fiber to metal, sculptural baskets, and research on Turkish needlelace edging "oya".
- Russian silk painter with extensive batik training. Includes background and gallery of painted garments.
- Designer, feltmaker, and textile artist. Gallery of her work, exhibition schedule, information on felt-making workshops, and a profile of the artist.
- Online portfolio of this textile designer working in jacquard-weave, machine knits and surface design. Portfolio, resume and contact information.
- A collection of silk paintings by the artist.
- Screen printed silk textiles, tapestries and carpets. This Czech artist also paints on other media.
- British Columbia, Canada artist features multi screened art, wearable art, wall panels and paintings. Gallery, biography and artist statement.
- Original hand-dyed art quilts embellished with embroidery and beading. Artist statement and gallery.
- British textile artist and illustrator creates embroidered and appliqued hangings. Includes gallery, exhibition information, news and curriculum vitae.
- Textile artist from the UK. Profile, pictures of work including knitted and stitched paper clips, and latest exhibition details.
- Creates both quilts and textile sculpture using methods of stacking, layering and repetition. Features artist statement/biography/resume, photos, and schedule of exhibitions.
- Creates hand painted fabric and textile art using appliqué and quilting. Biography, workshop schedule and online gallery.
- American fiber artist specializing in the traditional Japanese techniques of Katazome (stencil dyeing) and tsutsugaki (cone drawing). Extensive information and instruction on Japanese textiles and crafts.
- Collage quilts mixing photographs, drawings, paintings, and objects with fabrics, threads, text and handwork. Includes gallery and biography.
- Fiberist born in Ireland now living in England creates appliqued, embroidered, beaded works. Contains gallery, exhibit list and resume.
- This watercolorist offers his works on silk and the story of his artistic career.
- Scandinavian fiber artist creates tapestries and conceptual textile art, especially large-scale projects. Many pictures.
- German textile artist. Includes current exhibitions and gallery.
- Swedish maker of woven and embellished pictures. Gallery, exhibition list, artist statement and contact information.
- Works include home textiles and cushions, greetings cards, hangings and framed panels. Covers biography, design process and gallery.
- Pavla Lazarek Trizuljak creates original handpainted clothing items in softly geometric designs. Includes artist background and gallery.
- Finnish textile artist presents an online gallery featuring creative embroidery. Includes exhibitions listing.
Randall, Barbara S.
- Artist creates mixed media paintings, quilts and amulet bags. Includes artist's statement, gallery, past exhibitions and news.
Rasmussen, Erica Spitzer
- An artist and educator who creates mixed media and handmade paper garments, and whose work often utilizes clothing as metaphor. Photos, exhibitions, lectures/workshops.
- Work covers a broad area of disciplines, ranging from large scale backdrops to hangings in domestic interiors. Biography, product examples and outlets.
- Northern California artist hand-paints images on cloth, and machine embroiders to add texture and enhance shadows and highlights. Gallery, exhibit information and description of process.
- Tapestries, tufted rugs and wall hangings feature abstract images. Details of commissions with gallery images and biography.
- Examples of textile work in embroidery and mixed media, and details of the artist's exhibitions and projects.
- A gallery of mixed-textile fiber reliefs, collages and graphics offered by this German fiber artist. Includes biography and statement.
Sage, Priscilla Kepner
- Lightweight air sculptures and wall relief pieces made from mylar fabric. Hand-painted and -transferred dye with machine and hand stitching. Photographs of commissioned work, current work, and work in collections.
- Sculpture artist working with thermoplastic fiber utilizing image transfers, dyeing, hand and machine embroidery, and found objects. Portfolio, exhibition list and biography.
- Fabric woven from polyester thread and pre-recorded 1/8" audio cassette tape can be "heard" by running a tape head across its surface. Photographs and information about the process.
- Handpainted canvasses for the floor. Examples of work, commission information, history and artist methods.
- Reflects the tropical ambience of the Florida Gulfcoast in her surface design work. Includes discussion of various printing, dyeing and resist techniques on multiple media.
- Contemporary Australian quiltmaker, fibre artist, and teacher.
- Austrian fiber artist. Includes images of works and resume.
- Wall hangings and evening bags woven from ribbon, and scarves of pleated ribbon. Artist's statement, resume, gallery and show locations.
- Works in silk including interpretation of the Major Arcana. English and Spanish versions available.
- Collages incorporate fabric, beading, painting, printmaking, photography, computer images and found objects. Artist's statement, gallery, workshops and upcoming shows.
- Fabric artist and screen printer, author and educator, developer of the technique called polychromatic screen printing. Includes photos of work, resume, and exhibitions.
Stumpf, Mary Patricia
- Contemporary batik artist. Includes catalog of work, information on commissions.
- Handpainted silks and wearable art. Focus is on tropical florals and feathers.
- Contemporary fine art batik originals and prints. Gallery, information and photos of the technique.
- This textile artist and sculptor directs the Women in Textile Art Organization. Includes artist background, list of exhibits, murals gallery.
- Pieces are based on worn surfaces that are interwoven with the poetry of Shelley or Keats floating within transparent fabrics. Includes information on book Slip Into Silk.
- A gallery of art quilts, three-dimensional fabric art altars and digital photography. Includes statement and contact details for viewing works.
- Textile art and embroidery, using hand-dyted fibers. Lists exbibitions, workshops and lectures by the artist along with a gallery.
- Specializing in the area of silk painting, wax resist and indigo dyeing. Includes examples, techniques details of courses and related links.
- Textile paintings composed of antique textiles appliqued by hand onto silk organza as though using paint. Motifs are a commentary on modern life.
- Montreal, Canada-based textile artist creates large-scale textural wall hangings/installations from recycled fabrics. Biography, artist statement, exhibition schedule, and portfolios.
- Artist uses wax-dyeing on cloth as a unique art media. Information on technique, biography, gallery.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 9, 2015 at 5:45:05 UTC -