the entire directory
only in Crafts/Textiles
Arts: Crafts: Needlework
Arts: Crafts: Quilting
Regional: Asia: Japan: Arts and Entertainment: Traditional: Textiles
Shopping: Crafts: Fiber Arts
This category in other languages:
- Resource center for the fiber arts community specializing in spinning, weaving and dyeing.
All Fiber Arts
- Informational site for weaving, spinning and other fiber arts. Articles, forum.
The Art Of Batik Painting
- Mrs. Leong, batik teacher in Singapore, provides illustrated instructions for batik and photos of students' work.
Arts of Africa
- Artisans producing traditional and contemporary artifacts and clothing. Gallery images, list of artisans, exhibits, articles on textiles.
- Specializes in luxurious natural fibers and hand dyed yarns. Offers expert advise, a full class schedule and a comprehensive selection of books and accessories for knitting and crochet.
The Australian Forum for Textile Arts (TAFTA)
- Providing publications, conferences and workshops for textile craftspeople. Contains conference and magazine subscription information, editor background, news and events.
- Provides workshops using textiles, particularly felt and also runs a craft shop based in Chorlton, Manchester, United Kingdom. Contains workshop information, gallery and online shop.
Birgitte Krag Hansen
- Information about feltmaking, felt courses and exhibitions. Includes picture gallery.
Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Smithsonian Institution
- The only museum in the United States devoted exclusively to historic and contemporary design.
Dalton Textile Tours
- Information on up and coming tours to China to discover the secrets of Chinese embroidery. Pictures and information on previous tours is provided.
Dana's Textile Travels
- Dana McCown shares pictures and notes from her travels to see traditional textiles around the world. Also "guest traveller" submissions.
Descendants of the Incas
- By the Center For Traditional Textiles of Cusco, Peru, promoting Inca weaving traditions. Contains images and stories, and descriptions of spinning, dyeing and weaving processes used.
Ewa Soszko: Antique Textile Conservation
- Textiles from different epochs, and methods of textile conservation and restoration. Photos of the artist's work in ecclesiastical textiles and iconographic paintings.
The Fabric Museum
- Virtual museum presenting exhibits on fabric art, design and history.
- Listing of guild contacts, calendar of events and articles.
- Information and resources for knitters, spinsters, weavers, and other fiber artists.
- Producer of weaving and other fiber arts publications. Includes book descriptions, magazine contents, subscription information and special event registration.
John C. Campbell Folk School
- Teaching traditional crafts, music and dance in the mountains of North Carolina.
- Promoting the enjoyment and quality of Maine fiber work. Includes background, membership and contact information.
- Dedicated to the presentation of indigenous costume, the people, their location and their traditions.
Michigan Fiber Festival
- Show and workshop schedule, list of vendors, registration forms.
Paula's Wearable Art
- Includes photos of woven, knitted and beaded accessories, hand spun yarn and kits.
Phiala's String Page
- Information on tablet weaving and non-woven textiles including naalbinding, sprang and braiding. Offers historical information, especially medieval, with techniques included.
Puchka Peru Cultural Tours
- Textiles and folk art tours for those interested in Peruvian art and craft.
Regia Anglorum - Anglo-Saxon and Viking Crafts - Sprang
- The history, origins, construction and use of thread twisting.
Rose Tinted Creations
- One day craft courses in felt making, jewellery making and rag rug making. Artwork and upholstery commissions also undertaken. Contains course information and gallery. Cheshire, North West England.
Rug Hooking Online
- Features how-to articles and patterns, a gallery of full-color rugs, and links to related sites.
Shuttles, Spindles & Skeins
- Focus on classes and workshops. List of yarns offered.
Spinners', Weavers' & Knitters' Housecleaning Pages
- Provides a forum and free marketplace.
Textile Center of Minnesota
- A coalition of the textile community, dedicated to promoting and preserving textile excellence. St. Paul.
Textile Conservation Services
- Service for care, restoration, and presentation of antique and contemporary textile arts.
Textile Repair Studio
- Repair, restoration and appraisal. List of services, contact information.
- A compilation of textile-related words, phrases and links to other sites, by Rosemary Brock.
TLD Design Center and Gallery
- Art gallery in Westmont, Illinois offering classes in weaving, spinning and other arts and crafts.
World of Threads Festival
- A biannual festival highlighting international textile art and craft. Call for submissions, gallery exhibitions in Oakville Ontario Canada. Featuring contemporary art, quilting, weaving, sewing, paper making, textiles, sculpture.
Usenet rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace -
Usenet rec.crafts.textiles.misc -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2015 at 10:53:49 UTC -