become an editor
the entire directory
only in Book_Arts/Organizations
Arts: Crafts: Associations
American Printing History Association
- Devoted to the study of printing history and its related arts, including calligraphy, typefounding, typography, papermaking, bookbinding, illustration, and publishing.
- Book Works is non-profit organisation based in London. Their mission is to commission and produce new books in collaboration with contemporary artists and writers.
Booklyn Artists Alliance
- Artist-run organisation organises exhibitions,publications and a touring "Bookmobile". Offers consultancy on developing collections of artists' books to institutions.Links to members and collecting institutions.
Caxton Club of Chicago
- An organization of authors, binders, collectors, conservators, dealers, designers, editors, librarians, publishers, and scholars who share a common interest in the arts pertaining to the production of books. Highlights the history, monthly meetings and events, and book-related resources.
- The Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild
Cincinnati Book Arts Society
- News, events and exhibits of the Cincinnati Book Arts Society. Visiting book artist lectures and workshops.
Guild of Book Workers
- GBW is the national non-profit organization for book arts. It sets national standards for bookbinders and provides information on bookbinding, printing, conservation, marbling, calligraphy, and papermaking.
Hand Bookbinders of California
- The HBC was started in 1972 for those with interest in creating and collecting fine bindings. The group offers workshops, lectures, social activities and exhibitions.
Miniature Book Society (MBS).
- This international nonprofit organization’s Web site provides brief background information on miniature books and offers articles, miniature book publishers and dealers’ listings, MBS membership information, and details about the annual Miniature Book Conclave.
The New York Center for Book Arts
- Dedicated to the traditional craft of book-making, as well as contemporary interpretations of the book as an art object.
Private Presses of New Mexico
- Two centuries of literary history in New Mexico's private press movement. Features online exhibits, gallery guide, and educational materials.
San Francisco Center for the Book
- The Center offers book arts classes, lectures and exhibitions for bay area artists.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 11, 2011 at 23:51:29 UTC -