become an editor
the entire directory
only in Paper/Book_Arts
Arts: Visual Arts: Multiple Media Artists
Business: Publishing and Printing: Binding and Finishing: Bookbinding
Business: Publishing and Printing: Printing: Processes: Letterpress
Reference: Museums: Museum Resources: Conservation and Preservation: Consultants
Shopping: Crafts: Supplies: Paper: Book Arts
This category in other languages:
Book Arts Web
- Reference site for all the book arts with tutorials, links, publications, galleries. Home page of the Book_Arts-L listserv.
- Contains the entire contents of The Art of Bookbinding, published in London in 1897 and The Care of Books published in 1902.
Accent on Images
- Online exhibition showcasing illustrated books in modern foreign languages from the fifteenth through the twentieth centuries selected from the collections of the Libraries of The Claremont Colleges.
- Family owned full service bindery business based in Charlestown, Massachusetts. Sells bindery, digital, and custom bindery services.
- Background material to the development of book printing, type and the printing press. There are sections on both the fine printing of the private press movement and experimentation of book art.
Bay Area Book Arts
- Provides resources for San Francisco area book artists, including a calendar, list of organizations, and directory of local stores and classes.
Binding Time and Space
- Examining a Renaissance Italian Manuscript in the Computer Age.
Book Art Museum
- Publisher of rare and artistic books, collection of old printing machines and equipment, paper mill, typefoundery, exhibitions, educational programs. In English and Polish.
Book Arts Jam
- The yearly Book Arts Jam features the work of more than 50 book artists, zine publishers, letterpress printers, fine binders and printmakers. The Jam takes place every fall on the campus of Foothill College in Los Altos Hills, CA.
Book Sequence Gallery
- Contains photo-based bookworks and photographs by Canadian artist Peter Sramek, as well as his students and other artists.
Bookbinding and Royal Bindings
- Paul Tronson, A master bookbinder, restores antiquarian books, bibles and objects to period using original tools and techniques.
Books By Hand
- Handcrafted wooden-bound books and albums, some inset with an ammonite or Whitby jet.
- Boxcar Press publishes letterpress printed books and broadsides. Offers printing and photopolymer services to meet the needs of artists, designers, and others who love fine printing.
- A searchable site includes an online letterpress museum and glossary, free downloadable eps images, and a directory of resources.
- Features the flower-shaped books the Bay Area Book Artists (BABA) made for a bridal wedding bookquet.
- Paper and book making resources, news, supplies, information, tools, techniques, and artists.
The Collector's Guide
- Conserving works in paper.
- Internet community of collectors, dealers, creators and lovers of the fine publishing arts.
Confessions Of A Bookplate Junkie
- A weblog by Lew Jaffe about collecting bookplates. Their design, history, and information about bookplates.
Denis Gouey Bookbinding Studio
- Bookbinding design and restoration of books as well as preservation and presentation of important documents.
Dreaming Mind Handmade Books
- Don Drake of Dreaming Mind creates unique handmade journals, albums, guest books, and appointment books. Creator of the True Step binding system.
Ellen and Reed's Handcrafted Books
- Handcrafted notebooks, journals, and photographs. Hardcover books plus books with leather and wooden covers. Located in Bellingham, Washington.
- Publisher of books and editions of French and English poetry.
Foolscap Press - Bindery and Publishers
- A small letterpress printing, hand binding and publishing company. Publish limited edition handmade books and do custom printing, binding and portfolio case construction.
Gracia Haby and Louise Jennison
- This site offers artists' books created by two contemporary visual artists based in Melbourne, Australia.
Gracie Sparkles Books
- A gallery and shop featuring hand-bound books and other items created by gracie sparkles, a journalism student, bookbinder and printmaker from Ohio.
- Site highlighting the work, activities, and projects of a private press in the San Francisco Bay Area which focuses on letterpress printing with handpresses, unique editions, and hand bookbinding.
If'n Books and Marks
- Handmade by Debora Dormody at a small bindery in Rhode Island.
- A small, private press that prints limited-edition books by letterpress using a platen press and binds them by hand. Their books are usually illustrated, either with wood engravings or cuts, linocuts or line blocks, and are often hand-coloured with stencils
- A gallery of installation, rebound, and altered books using a variety of materials and binding techniques.
Lark Sparrow Press
- Lark Sparrow is a private press dedicated to contemporary works of fiction and poetry.
Lost Crafts: The Printed Book
- Contents of The Printed Book by Harry G. Aldis Cambridge at the University Press printed in 1916.
Making Books with Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord
- Tips and projects for teachers, parents, and children.
Mark Hiner's Pop-Up Books
- Paper engineer, Mark Hiner, shows examples of his pop-ups and interactive books. Includes a short history of pop-ups and how to make pop-up books.
One Heart Press
- Fine letterpress printers serving the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. We print stationery, invitations and artists' books.
- Handmade books and boxes made by book artist Joanne Kluba.
Peng Peng Wang's Art Conservation/Art Gallery
- Art Conservation/Restoration for paintings, paper, books, and photographs in San Francisco Bay area. Artist's books and fabric art created by Peng Peng Wang.
Personal Visions: Artists' Books at the Millennium: An Exhibitiion
- An exhibition of artists' books from the collection of the University of Delaware's Special Collections Department. The web exhibit mirrors an actual exhibition on view from January 15 until June 9, 2002.
Priscilla Foster Handmade Books
- Priscilla Foster handmade books handcrafts fine custom scrapbooks, photo albums, wedding albums, baby books, writing journals and other custom albums.
The St. John's Bible
- Being created by scribes in a scriptorium in Wales, the St. John's Bible will be the first handwritten, illuminated Bible in the modern era.
Susan Angebranndt Books
- Gallery of handbound artist and illustrated books.
Sutton Hoo Press
- A literary fine art press, publishes contemporary literature, poetry and fiction in hand bound, letterpress limited editions.
- Features a series of artist books made out of ukuleles by Peter and Donna Thomas.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 17, 2014 at 11:15:25 UTC -