become an editor
the entire directory
only in Needlework/Embroidery
Arts: Crafts: Quilting: Crazy Quilts
Business: Consumer Goods and Services: Clothing: Services: Embroidery and Screen Printing: Embroidery
Shopping: Clothing: Custom: Embroidery
This category in other languages:
- Resource site which also sells kits.
- Instructions and pictures of Armenian embroidery. Specifically Marash embroidery.
- Megan McConnell writes about all forms of embroidery, from machine embroidery, to cross stitch. Articles and forums.
- Offers a selection of hand embroidery tips and kits.
Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery
- Yahoo group organized for the advancement and education of those interested in Brazilian dimensional embroidery.
Celtic Cross Stitch
- Celtic cross stitch basic introduction to patterns, designs and instructions
Crazy Quilt Embroidery
- Links to selected crazy quilt embroidery sites.
- Illustrates and explores the imaginative ways embroidery has developed and is being used today. Archive of past articles and how to subscribe.
- Detailed information about different types of embroidery.
Embroidery Methods Guide
- A guide on a variety of embroidery techniques, including cross stitch, Swedish huck weaving, punch needle, silk ribbon, blackwork, Hardanger, crewel, and machine embroidery.
The Embroidery Site
- Showcases the embroidery work of Janet Holehouse, based in Manchester, England.
- Offers free embroidery designs, tutorials, software, and articles.
Flickr: Embroidered Art
- Image gallery of embroidery as an art. Original designs.
Flickr: Embroidered Motifs
- Photos of motifs embroidered by hand. Any technique: traditional embroidery, thread painting, red/ gold/ black work, silk ribbon embroidery, waste canvas work, Brazilian embroidery, stump work.
- Group for posting pictures of in progress and finished works.
Flickr: Embroidery and Science
- This group is to show examples of embroidery, textile and fibre art with a science and nature theme or base.
Flickr: Seam / Couture - Embroidery
- A group with an image gallery for showing off embroidery work.
Island Ireland: Mountmellick Embroidery
- Description and history of this style of Irish whitework embroidery. Samples.
Jacqui McDonald Hand Embroidery
- Whitework, Jacobean, Blackwork, Stumpwork, Goldwork, Knotgardens & Canvasswork. Classes and information.
Jean Fletcher's Stumpwork
- Samples of completed work and free patterns to download.
- Embroidery history and information on many styles of embroidery, traditional and contemporary, embroidery tips and tutorials.
Johanna's Needlework Stitches
- Online stitch diagrams. Stitches and tips.
Jos Hendriks Embroidery
- History, characteristics and working methods of several embroidery styles, including Assisi embroidery. Free patterns.
- Kalocsa embroidery needlework is famous for its creative Hungarian hand embroidery patterns and designs.
Mary Corbet's Needle 'N Thread
- Includes video tutorials for hand embroidery stitches, articles and reviews on needlework supplies, floss, fabric, and threads.
- Library of free needlecraft designs and patterns, how-to articles, and a stitch dictionary. Primary focus is embroidery.
- Embroidery projects, stitch directory, classes, and stitching challenges from Sharon B.
Sew in Love
- An embroidery student shares her projects.
Vera Stoll Hardanger Design
- Information about Hardanger Embroidery. History and tutorial help.
Victorian Embroidery and Crafts
- Embroidery and craft patterns and how-to's. Geared to hand embroidery.
Vinciolo's Les Singvliers Et Novveaux Povrtraicts (1587)
- A facsimile and some modern charts of an embroidery/lace pattern book from 1587.
Waterrose Handcrafted Obsession
- Blog discussing hand embroidered personal accessories and other topics. Using felt, wool, cotton and silk.
- Embroidery discovery space for children and anyone involved in textile art, craft and education.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 16, 2015 at 7:05:07 UTC -