become an editor
the entire directory
only in Metal_Craft/Model_Engineering
Recreation: Collecting: Models
Recreation: Models: Railroad
Shopping: Recreation: Models
Alan Stepney's Model Engineering
- Provides information on model steam engines, railways, and workshop techniques, also some examples of errors on drawings.
American 7260 1:15 Scalemodel
- Details of construction with photographs of model and the prototype in the Netherlands.
- Refurbisher and seller precision hand and machine tools for horologists, instrument makers and model engineers. Schaublin and Aciera specialists. (UK)
Arc Euro Trade Ltd
- Suppliers of lathes, manual and CNC milling machines, measuring tools, hand tools, cutting tools and materials suitable for model engineers.
The Artful Bodger's Home Foundry
- Dedicated to simple, low cost metal casting and home foundry work, includes an introduction to an iron casting waste oil furnace.
Australian Model Engineering Magazine
- Technical information, news and events, useful links (to suppliers and other model engineering sites) and online sales from a magazine for model engineering enthusiasts
Bartlett Engineering Co.
- Boiler makers, steam engine restorers and builders. Full size steam traction engines; marine, locomotive and other boilerwork / fabrications; castings and accessories for a 6" scale model Burrell traction engine.
Bedford Model Engineering Society
- Information, location and activities of society that promotes interest in model engineering and the design and construction of models, tools and apparatus of all kinds.
- Directory and calendar of events for model engineering suppliers and organisations in the UK.
- Model steam engine specialists supplying full kits for marine and stationary engines, traction and ploughing engines and locomotives.
Bryan Rozier's Workshop
- Describes hobbies of model engineering, workshop machinery and home metal casting
Cambridge Model Engineering Society
- A multigauge ground level miniature railway near Cambridge, UK. Monthly public running during the summer. 16mm garden railway.
Canterbury and District Model Engineering Society
- Provide for the interests of approximately 50 local model engineers, who work at home to produce miniature locomotives, traction engines, stationary steam engines etc. Raised running lines. (UK)
Canterbury Society of Model and Experimental Engineers
- Society with interests in live steam locomotives, road vehicles, R/C ships/boats/yachts and engineering projects; includes photo gallery of models and related links. (NZ)
Cardiff Model Engineering Society
- Dedicated to engineering in miniature, mainly steam railway locomotives. Own clubroom, workshop and multi-gauge tracks in Heath Park, Cardiff, UK.
Chingford and District Model Engineering Club
- East London club with a miniature railway site, including steam and electric powered locomotives, and a well equipped workshop. (UK)
Chronos Engineering Supplies
- Suppliers of materials and tools to model engineers.
- Engineering data, news, tips and blog for model engineers.
City of Oxford Society of Model Engineers Ltd.
- Contact details for the miniature railway at Cutteslowe Park, Oxford, UK, which is open for public running.
David Kucer Miniatures
- Describes the creation of 1/3 scale model miniature firearms.
David L O Smith
- Model engineer. Photographs and brief descriptions of 7mm : 1' (O scale) railway model engineering with some construction details.
- Specialists in tungsten carbide and diamond tooling. Online shop. (UK)
Folkestone Engineering Supplies
- Suppliers of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and fasteners, delivery in the UK. On-line technical specifications for metals and common imperial and metric tapping drill sizes.
Guildford Model Engineering Society
- Group of like-minded individuals that aims to encourage, develop, and provide facilities for the hobby of model engineering, based in Surrey, UK
High Wycombe Model Engineering Club
- Buckinghamshire club that caters for all aspects of model engineering.
- Suppliers of machine tools, accessories and plans and castings of Queensland Government Railways (Australia) model steam locomotives and traction engines.
- A website resource that allows you to buy and sell model engineering tools, materials, books and magazines, or just seek information for home workshops in the UK
Ipswich Model Engineering Society
- Contact information and diary of planned activities, 5 inch and 3.5 inch raised track for passenger carrying operation, 45mm garden railway. (UK)
Jerry Elford Model Making Studio
- Design and manufacture services for static or animated, engineering and architectural models.
John-Tom Engine Plans
- Free plans, with instructions and photographs, for steam engines, model boats and jet engines.
- Lathe, milling machine and other machine-tool information contained in a free archive. Handbooks, operation and parts manuals, and a trade section. UK.
Learn-By-Doing Training - Build a Steam Speed Buggy
- Building description with drawings and pictures.
Little Samson Models
- Suppliers of drawings, castings and materials to build a live steam model traction engine (3", 4" and 6" scale) or a steam wagon (3" scale).
Macc Model Engineers Supplies LTD
- Suppliers of model engineering materials and steam fittings.
Maritima & Mechanika
- A model engineer's collection of antique small machine tools, information on model ships and maritime history, and small machine tools for sale.
MBM Model Engineering
- Download a brochure of model engineering fittings and supplies in New Zealand.
Melbourne Society of Model & Experimental Engineers
- Details of the society's activities, exhibitions and links. Includes details of Model Engineering Exhibition held in Melbourne, Australia every two years.
Metal Casting E-book
- Offers trial download of three volumes of an e-book on metal casting as a hobby; full seven volumes of the book may be purchased.
Milton Keynes Metals
- Suppliers of ferrous and non ferrous metals
Minitech Engineering and Model Supplies
- Suppliers of lathes, milling machines, machine tooling and model engineering supplies. Online catalogue and purchasing. (Australia)
Model Engine Builder Magazine
- Magazine from Elmwood Publishing for the model internal combustion engine enthusiast.
Model Engineer and Model Engineers' Workshop Magazines
- Online model engineering magazines.
- Online magazine provides news, product reviews, and information on materials and tooling.
Model Engineering Clearing House
- A service to the model engineering hobby, with particular focus on live steam and model railway engineering
Model Engineering Glossary
- Glossary of information and picture gallery on model engineering and tools provided by glue-it.com
Model Engineering Plans
- Plans for traction engines, workshop equipment, railway locomotives and internal combustion engines.
- Builders of precision scale models, including rail, shipping, aviation, architectural and industrial subjects.
- Manufacturer of machine tools, including lathes, cylindrical and surface grinders, milling machines and woodworking machines. Special offers and reconditioned equipment available. (UK)
The North London Society of Model Engineers
- Information on regular meetings in Finchley; interests include live steam locomotives, traction, stationary and marine engines, slot car, video and permanent model railways. Also sections for North American railways and juniors. (UK)
Preston Steam Services
- Scale steam engines, parts and ancillary services available from a specialist steam service company, who also offer full size traction engines, marine engines and stationary engines.
Queensland Society of Model and Experimental Engineers
- Club with 5" and 7.25" ground level and 2.5", 3.5" and 5" elevated track; newsletters and meeting dates.
Reeves Model Engineers
- Large stockists of model engineering supplies with worldwide mail order service and on-line catalogue. (UK)
Rejon Machine Tools
- Suppliers of power tools and accessories by Unimat, Emco, Proxxon, Wabeco, Golmatic and Toyo. (UK)
Ron's Model Engines
- Showcase of models built by Ronald J. Colonna, including the latest, a running 270 Offy (Offenhauser racing engine).
Sheffield and District Society of Model and Experimental Engineers
- History, timetable for public running, member activities, photo gallery and annual rally. (UK)
Society of Model and Experimental Engineers
- A well established (1898) society bringing together those interested in encouraging craftsmanship through model engineering. Details of regular meetings and workshop facilities in SE London available to members, experimental software to download, events calendar and pictures of members' work on the site. (London, UK)
Special Shapes Company
- Supplies brass section, sheet, tube and fasteners, also some aluminium. Online enquiry form for quotes and questions.
- Suppliers of standard gauged wire, aluminium, brass and copper tube, rod, strip, sheet, angle and channel sections.
St Albans Model Engineering Society
- Society of model engineers with monthly meetings in Hertfordshire, UK. Annual exhibition, 3.5" and 5" raised track and lakeside meets.
Start Model Engineering
- Resource of help and advice for novice model engineers.
Station Road Steam
- Traders in model live steam locomotives, traction engines, stationary engines, boilers, books, workshop machinery and accessories. Machining work undertaken.
Steam Engine Lubrication
- Technical and sales information on a bespoke steam cylinder oil.
- Information and links on model, miniature and narrow gauge steam trains in South Africa
Steve's Steam Workshop
- Steam engines, striling engines and models. Notes on Brazing and building instructions for the Stuart No 1. Plans available.
- Suppliers of cutting tools and measuring equipment for the model engineer. Ordering online available, deliver to mainland Great Britain (UK) addresses only.
The Tap and Die Co.
- Manufacture and supply taps, dies, drills and other cutters suitable for model engineers.
Taunton Model Engineers
- Group for model engineers in SW England interested in locomotives, traction engines, stationary steam engines, hot air engines, i/c engines, toolmaking, clock-making or any related subject.
- Supplier of new and out of print books and magazines for model engineers. (UK)
- Descriptions of a model engineer's workshop, machine tools and projects, includes beginners' information and forum.
Tools and Mods
- Improvements for small lathes, bandsaws, and general workshop tooling.
Warrington and District Model Engineers
- Information about the club, including location, activities and a picture gallery. (UK)
Western Steam Model Engineers
- Manufacturers of copper boilers for steam models; includes descriptions, pictures and advice on care.
The Wingrove Collection
- Gerald A Wingrove MBE and Phyllis Wingrove model car gallery. Pictures of scratch built 1/15 Scale model cars.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 3, 2014 at 6:24:08 UTC -