become an editor
the entire directory
only in Tatting/Instruction
Open Directory - Arts: Crafts: Lacemaking: Tatting: Instruction
The Online Tatting Class
- The weekly lessons are available by web conference and are indexed by year. Classes are offered for both shuttle and needle tatters. Each class contains: a photo of the lace to be studied, the pattern, diagrams, and written instructions. Subjects range from beginner lessons to advanced techniques.
BellaOnline - Tatting
- Gillian Buchanan, a Lace Guild certified tatter, writes a tatting column and newsletter for this network. She provides instructions to aid both the beginning and advanced tatter. See the archives for her series on adding beads.
Hands On Crafts for Kids
- A simple star project introduces children to tatting concepts.
Il chiacchierino di Isla
- This Italian site, translated into English, includes a gallery, shuttles and instructions.
Lisa's Tatting Book Collection
- Lisa has reviewed a hundred tatting pattern and instruction books.
- Skilled in several forms of lacemaking, Mimi has completed a study of cluny techniques. Her information is well researched, and the bibliography is extensive.
Resources by Rissa
- Tatting resources are listed under the categories of educational, retail, manufacturers and magazines.
- Designing a new tatted work is easier with a stitch gauge. Making one in each size thread allows the tatter to estimate the number of stitches that will be needed in a new project. Seven lessons for advanced tatters included.
Silk Tatting Lesson Book
- The complete text, with original illustrations, of this vintage Carlson Currier bookletis on this site.
Tatters Across Time, Inc.
- This proficiency program for shuttle tatters operates similar to a coorespondence course. Lessons are taught in three levels: Apprentice, Artisan and Master. Mentors are available to each student.
- A retail shop, Navarro River Knits, provides a page on the history of tatting.
Tatting ... Just for You
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find step by step tatting tutorial. Free patterns also on site, plus books, shuttles, kits.
Tatting by Marie
- Marie teaches the flip in simple illustrations and provides a basic border pattern.
This 'n' Tat
- Lessons cover pattern reading, folded joins, beads, and node stitch. Includes patterns and projects.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 22, 2012 at 11:51:21 UTC -