the entire directory
only in Crafts/Lacemaking
Open Directory - Arts: Crafts: Lacemaking
Reference: Museums: Arts and Entertainment: Textile and Costume
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Recreation and Sports: Hobbies: Crafts: Needlework and Textiles: Lace
Shopping: Antiques and Collectibles: Textiles: Lace
This category in other languages:
- Provides information on lacemaking including identification and preservation, collecting, instructions, patterns, postcards, historical photographs and galleries.
- Freelance editor for Lace (the Lace Guild magazine), Deb's site contains knitted, bobbin and needle laces, plus plotted grids for designing your own lace patterns.
- Avital designed a printable pricking for a bobbin lace tablecloth and a Star of David tatting pattern. Her gallery contains examples of 3 different lace forms.
- These simplified instructions for making battenburg lace include photos.
Beautiful and Practical Netting
- Rita creates doilies and edgings, sharing patterns and 'how to' information.
Bobbin Lace European Network
- This database has entries in the following categories: laces, census and biographies of lacemakers, designers, bibliographies, glossaries, historical documents, museums, news and online training.
Bobbin Lacers in CZ
- Jaroslava Jedlinska and Dana Mihulkova, both from Czech Republic, share examples of their bobbin laces.
Bobbinlace Chat Group
- A group of over 300 bobbin lacers chat about projects, supplies and patterns.
- Brenda includes instructions for choosing threads, a free pattern and a gallery.
- Brenda and Terry Paternoster offer information about lacemaking, lace threads and a free bobbin lace pattern.
Canadian Lacemaker Gazette
- This lace magazine is printed in French and English.
- Carolina presents her original milanese works, patterns and a history of lace in Catalunya
CD 2000 GALLERY
- This unusual collection of over 400 laces was exhibited in England and the USA.
Celtic Dream Weaver
- Sherry, a tatter and bobbin lacer, designs unique pieces. She also decorates bobbins using paints and decoupage.
- Chrisine has posted photos of her honiton projects.
- Diane Claeys regularly adds illustrated articles on the history of a lace piece (with over a dozen articles currently on site). Vintage photos and paintings of lacemakers share a gallery with antique lace tools.
Cross-Twist (Kreuzen-Drehen )
- Click a photo, then follow the arrows to explore the works of Lace-Artist Eva Baumgartner.
Csetneki Hungarian Lace
- One hundred years of Hungarian lace. Includes history, lacemaking method, and image gallery with close up details.
Digital Archive of Documents
- Professor Griswold has been collecting documents regarding textile arts such as lacemaking, and placing them in this online archival library.
Dora the Knotter
- Dora's sense of humor shows in her Margareten-Spitze laces.
Dreams of Lace
- Christiane Eichler's site includes a pattern surfer, a German and English lace dictionary, a gallery and tips.
Emily Clare, lacemaker
- Photo and historical background of victorian era lacemaker.
- A lacemaker has evaluated design software and created a table stand for a vertical cookie pillow.
- The modern works of this lace artist are displayed here.
- Gloria's laceworks include multiple contest entries. She specializes in modern lace jewelry.
International Forum of Lace
- Results of the 2003 Conference in Rimini, Italy. Plans to further study the technical, artistic and historic aspects of lace in 2005.
Irish Carrickmacross Lace -
- This Arduin Lace Collection was handmade by Mary O'Neill in Ireland.
- Homepage of lacemakers in Oxford UK includes calendar of events.
Jo Edkins' Lace School
- This online bobbin lace school has twelve lessons covering over forty topics. Each topic is well illustrated; some are even animated. The ten beginning patterns are organized into four categories; all are illustrated.
- Frances defines knotwork and offers assorted bobbins.
- Rosanna has compiled articles, photos, reports and diagrams of lacemaking in France, including an unusual collection of lacemakers in miniature.
La Encajera - The Lacemaker
- Home page of the Spanish lace magazine. Patterns, competitions and calendar, plus 'Letter to the Reader' from previous issues.
- This comprehensive well maintained list, sorted by country, lists lace events all over the world.
- An international, periodical magazine for lace makers. Also offers books and patterns. Online subscription and orders.
- Includes a short introduction to princess, bobbin and needle laces.
The Lace Museum
- The site of this California museum shows current displays, workshops and classes. Also calendar of events, newsletter and patterns.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find lace histories from 1500-1900, plus a gallery of laceworks.
Lacemakers of Calais
- Homepage of this historic Australian Society of Lacemakers.
- Thirty eight sites are linked to this web ring.
Lacemaking in Czek
- Animated video of bobbin pairs in action.
Landelijke Organisatie Kant Kunst
- The official site of LOKK, the Dutch Lace Organization, contains photos of modern and classical laces created by its members. Click kantbrief to reach the gallery.
- The history and patterns of lace on Cyprus can be found here, plus a photo index of local lacemakers.
- This artist shares her collection of oil paintings celebrating bobbin lace.
Mary Margaret Nousek
- Mary offers a small gallery that includes profiles of a man and a woman done in needle lace.
Miniature Bobbin Lace
- Jan, from Crete, creates miniature lace and lacemaking supplies - including a complete lace shop.
- This news group provides a forum to discuss needlelace techniques.
- Settled in The Round House in Cooma, Australia, Noelene (Tatter's Poet Laureate) shares her new lace creations.
Paličkování Company: About Lace
- Documentation of the traditional lacemaking craft.
Poole Bobbin Lace Circle
- Lacemakers share a pattern page, photos of their exhibits, Miss Channer's mat, plus information about their 4 year lace course.
Reclaiming Your Heritage, Lace and Linens
- Elizabeth Kurella identifies, repairs and appraises fine laces.
Sheelin Irish Lace Museum
- Museum shares several photos of lace dating from 1850 to 1900.
- Lace Artist Sieglinde Grigat's 'Occhi' gallery holds over 40 pieces of tatted artworks. Most pieces employ advanced techniques. She also works in bobbin lace, crochet and hairpin laces, knotted and knitted laces.
Steph's String Related Stuff
- Stephanie Peter's provides free bobbin lace software, stitching charts and tatting patterns, including complete illustrated instructions for cluny leaves.
The Structures of Antique Lace
- Marla Mallett shares bobbin lace, needlepoint lace, and other handmade laces from her personal collection.
- Photos, and descriptions, of bobbin lace pieces made by Lara's mom.
Ville de Retournac
- The Lace Manufactures Museum records France's lacemaking history.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 11:45:07 AM EDT -