become an editor
the entire directory
only in Knitting_and_Crochet/For_Charity
Knitting and Crochet
Arts: Crafts: For Charity: Fiber Arts
Afghans for Afghans
- Humanitarian and educational project sending hand-knit and crocheted blankets, hats, mittens, socks, sweaters, and vests to needy people of Afghanistan.
Afghans for Afghans Knit- and Crochet-Along
- Items for children and women in Afghanistan. Includes individual's projects and patterns.
Bev's Country Cottage
- Free charity knitting and crochet patterns. Also includes sizing charts for premature babies through adults, newborn intensive care units in need, and a directory of charities that accept crafted items.
Binky Patrol Comforting Covers for Kids
- An organization that knits, crochets, sews and quilts blankets for children and teens who are seriously ill, hospitalized, in foster care, in shelters, abused, or homeless.
Blankets for Canada Society
- Non-denominational organization devoted to creating blankets for those Canadians who need the warmth they provide. Includes knit and crochet patterns, local chapters, and a discussion group.
The Bridge Project
- Collecting knit and crocheted items for the homeless in central Ohio. Includes links to patterns and photographs.
Care To Knit, Inc.
- New York based non-profit organization that provides knit and crocheted items to people in shelters, hospitals, nursing homes and hospices. Includes patterns, events, volunteers of the month and photos, and a newsletter.
Christmas at Sea
- Providing knitted and crocheted gifts to deep-sea and river mariners. Includes guidelines, patterns, and a newsletter.
- Volunteers knit and crochet scarves for victims of sexual abuse and assault.
- Group providing knit and crocheted premature-sized burial garments and blankets to hospitals in the UK. Includes guidelines, patterns, and discussion group.
FCS: Red Scarf Project
- Providing scarves to foster kids as they go off to college. Includes guidelines and patterns for knitters and crocheters.
- Knit and crochet hats and other items made by inmates at the North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women to raise funds for Our Children's Place. Includes overview and supplies needed. [PDF]
Hat Box Foundation
- Nonprofit organization of volunteers who knit and crochet hats for people with life-threatening illnesses. Includes a list of affiliated treatment centers.
Interweave Knits: Knitting Charities for a Better World
- Listing of organizations that accept knit and crocheted items and distribute them to people in need. Also includes a list of correctional facilities that accept donations of yarn and supplies.
Knit a Square
- Accepts knit and crocheted squares that are made into blankets for abandoned babies and AIDS orphans in Africa. Garments are also accepted. Includes forums, patterns, tutorials, and guidelines.
Knots of Love
- Crocheting and knitting caps for people with life-threatening illnesses and injuries. Includes patterns, guidelines, and affiliated treatment centers.
Mother Bear Project
- Provides crocheted and knit bears to children with HIV/AIDS in emerging nations. Includes pattern and kit ordering, photo gallery, bear sponsorships, list of monthly knitting groups, and FAQ.
The National World War II Museum: Knit Your Bit
- Project that distributes knit and crocheted scarves to veterans in a veterans center in the US. Includes patterns, FAQ, and a blog.
One Square at a Time Project
- Providing crocheted, knit, and loomed blankets, hats, and booties to newborns in Montgomery County, Virginia. Includes patterns and discussion group.
The Preemie Project
- Provides knit and crocheted items for premature and critically ill infants and their families at The University of Iowa Children’s Hospital. Includes guidelines, size charts, patterns, and a blog.
Stitchers of Love
- A ministry of knitting, crocheting, and needlework for those in need. Includes patterns, pictures, and prayers.
Sunshine International Blankets of Love
- UK based group of international crocheters and knitters making afghan squares that are assembled into blankets for the elderly in nursing homes. Includes photographs and challenges.
TLC for Angels
- Charity group crafting knit and crocheted baby clothes and items for preemies and hospital confined children. Includes patterns.
Warm Up America Foundation
- Nonprofit organization to distribute afghans to the needy. Volunteers knit and crochet squares. Includes patterns, tips, and information on forming a local group.
Yahoo Group: Caps for a Cure
- Knitting and crocheting hats for chemotherapy patients.
Yahoo Group: LoveAfghans For Pine Ridge Reservation
- Knits and crochets squares and afghans for PRR residents.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 30, 2015 at 7:45:03 UTC -