become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ceramic_Art_and_Pottery/History
Ceramic Art and Pottery
Open Directory - Arts: Crafts: Ceramic Art and Pottery: History
Catawba Valley Pottery of North Carolina
- Provides information about the region's folk art potters and their wares. Includes brief biographies of some of the artists such as Burlon Craig and Charles Lisk.
Ceramic History for Potters
- Comprehensive collection of historical information covering ceramic objects, pottery, glazing and firing techniques. Compiled and written by Victor Bryant.
Early Islamic Tiles
- An exhibition of tiles, with references, from the 14th-17th century collected by Lockwood de Forest in 1880-86 while in partnership with Louis Comfort Tiffany.
A Glance At: The History of Mexican Ceramics
- A very brief history of Mexican ceramics from pre-Hispanic times to contemporary art. Illustrated.
- The history of the potteries of Thomas Goodfellows I and II, father and son, both master potters at Burslem and Tunstall, in Stoke-0n-Trent, Staffordshire, England.
Greek Vase Museum Replicas
- Reproductions of five types of Greek vases geometrical, Corinthian, black or red figure vase, and white ground vases. Site provides magnificent color galleries of sample work.
A History of Pottery
- Article discussing types of wares, decorating techniques and major traditions of the west.
Maria Julian Pottery
- Providing detailed historical data of Maria Martinez's family and the San Ildefonso pottery heritage.
- Provides resources for collectors of pottery, lamps, tables and housewares designed by Jane and Gordon Martz at Marshall Studios of Veedersburg, Indiana.
The Medieval Pottery Research Group
- Bringing together people with an interest in the pottery vessels that were made, traded, and used in Europe between the end of the Roman period and the 16th century.
NativeTech: Pottery & Clay
- Topically organized educational information emphasizing the Eastern Woodlands region.
- List of potters including photos, background and history from North Staffordshire, England.
- This site illustrates the goal of artist-educator, Russ McKeel, to give students the opportunity to closely examine historic pottery and artifacts, and to learn more about design, form, function, and ceramic techniques. Russ McKeel - Lecturer and Artist
Shearwater Pottery: Dreaming in Clay
- The history of Shearwater Pottery, Ocean Springs, Mississippi. Archives and documents
The Story of Bristol Pottery and Porcelain
- A brief history of Bristol potteries and their wares from the 17th to the 20th centuries.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:24:03 PM EDT -