the entire directory
only in Classical_Studies/Roman
Open Directory - Arts: Classical Studies: Roman
Classical Latin Texts
The Latin Language
Augustine of Hippo
Cato the Elder
Pliny the Elder
Pliny the Younger
Arts: Literature: Myths and Folktales: Myths: Roman
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient: Rome
- Page on Cassiodorus, the 5th Century BC monk and statesman, by James J. O'Donnell. This links to the author's e-text biography of him, which is sorted by chapter and includes the author's preface, appendices, and notes.
De Re Militari by Flavius Vegetius Renatus
- Preface to the 390 AD work on the military institutions of Rome; translation by Lt. John Clarke (1767). Etext by Mads Brevik, divided by book.
Flavius Vegetius Renatus: Military Matters
- Sonshi.com hypertext of the Clarke translation, divided by chapter;
- Listing of online texts from Augustine to Vergil. Also, grammar, history, mythology, help for students of the Latin language.
- Extensive ancient Rome resource. Includes numerous photographs of Roman monuments, several classical texts, secondary sources in the public domain, and catalogues of parts of the Roman Empire.
Latin Language at About.com
- Links to literature and learning links.
Texts in Perseus for Browsing: Latin
- Primary Text Index: Latin Texts
Tibullus and Sulpicia : The Poems
- A 2001 A.S. Kline English translation of the poems of Albius Tibullus, and those of and about Sulpicia, from the Messalla Collection. Provides index of first lines.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, May 28, 2011 2:24:49 PM EDT -