the entire directory
only in Arts/Classical_Studies
Open Directory - Arts: Classical Studies
Chats and Forums
Language and Linguistics
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology
This category in other languages:
Ancient History Sourcebook
- Extensive selection of links, study guides, and articles pertaining to the ancient Near East and ancient Mediterranean worlds, as well as some public domain translations of classical texts. At Fordham.
Ancient Scripts of the World
- Indexed by region, with articles on writing systems, sounds and phonetics, historical linguistics, and related study materials.
Centre for the Study of Ancient Documents
- The Centre for the Study of Ancient Documents was established in 1995 under the auspices of Oxford University's Faculty of Literae Humaniores to provide a focus for the study of ancient documents in Oxford.
Classical Literature/Language at About.com
- Collection of resources and links pertaining to the Greco-Roman authors and literature.
Classical Studies (humanities.classics) FAQ
- Frequently asked questions for the newsgroup humanities.classics. Includes bibliographies, glossaries and compendia of mythological characters. Maintenance ceased August 2000.
Classics Technology Center
- A repository of tools such as guides, games, and glossaries for educators and other classicists, to enhance the use of computer technology in classics education.
- Portal to three reference and resource sites for ancient Roman history, culture, and daily life; Greek mythology; and Latin vocabulary words.
Corinth Computer Project
- Extensive multimedia site incorporating historical, literary and archaeological information from Corinth, Greece during the Roman era. Suitable for scholars, students, and the public at large.
- An interdisciplinary resource for the study of patterns of gender around the ancient Mediterranean and as a forum for collaboration among instructors who teach courses about women and gender in the ancient world. Includes course materials, the beginnings of a systematic and searchable bibliography, and links to many on-line resources, including articles, book reviews, databases and images.
Greek 'n' Stuff
- Learn biblical Greek or classical Latin. Bible nuggets. Homeschool links/classical links/family pages.
Greek and Latin Language Resources
- A collection of Classics links from a Graeco-Roman Neo-pagan site.
The Internet Classics Archive
- Provides 441 online works of classical literature with a powerful search facility. A booklist links directly to relevant pages in online bookshops. Classical trivia questions can be posted and answered.
Internet Resources for Classical Studies
- Book reviews, bibliography, and language, art, culture, and mythology links for students of antiquity. From Indiana University.
Leuven Database of Ancient Books (LDAB)
- Searchable database aiming to catalog all ancient literary texts with information including a description of the text, language, medium, authors, current location, and plates. Sponsored by the Catholic University of Leuven.
Library of Congress Resources for Greek and Latin Classics
- Resources for studying Classical and Medieval literature.
- A list of classical and Biblical-oriented websites maintained by a professor at Rutgers University.
Maecenas: Images of Ancient Greece and Rome
- Images of Ancient Greece and Rome, free for non-commercial download and use.
Orange St. Press Classics
- Free classic literature in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). View online, download, print.
Shakespeare's Sources Online: Latin and Greek Authors
- Lists links to translations and texts of classical sources used by William Shakespeare.
- The Stoa Consortium provides a venue for the exploration of innovations in scholarly communication, with a focus on Classics and Classical Archaeology. It hosts numerous classical electronic projects, guides to best practices, fora, a CVS and a weblog.
Studies in the Classics
- Essays, texts, and studies on classical literature and language from Prof. William Harris of Middlebury College.
Summer Courses in the Classics
- A list of classics courses offered during the summer by colleges and universities throughout the world, sorted by discipline and subject of study.
Text Tools and Lexica
- From The Perseus Project. Includes an English/Greek Word Search, English/Latin Word Search, Liddell Scott-Jones Greek Lexicon, and Lewis and Short Latin Dictionary.
- Language learning site which provides free Greek and Latin grammars, reading material, classical e-books and other learning resources and downloads.
Torrey Philemon's Muses
- Articles on mythology and ancient Greek/Roman literature, and resources.
Voice of the Shuttle: Classical Studies
- A large index of links to various classical history, art, archaeology, language and literature journals, texts, syllabi, forums, and other resources. From the University of California at Santa Barbara.
Usenet humanities.classics -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 20, 2013 at 3:32:54 UTC -