the entire directory
only in Art_History/Artists
Arts: Architecture: History: Architects
Arts: Graphic Design: Graphic Designers
Arts: Illustration: Historic Illustrators
Arts: Photography: Photographers: Masters
Arts: Visual Arts: Painting: Painters
Arts: Visual Arts: Sculpture: History: Sculptors
Kids and Teens: People and Society: Biography: Artists
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Visual Arts: Artists
This category in other languages:
ARC International - The Art Renewal Center
- Offering biographical information and high-resolution images of many paintings from the great masters of the 19th century.
- Encyclopedia webpage featuring biographies, styles, artworks and critical receptions regarding worldwide famous artists.
- Test your knowledge of all periods of Art, painters and painting with quizzes, games and puzzles. Site aimed for all levels of knowledge, including children pages. Visitors are invited to participate in the making of new pages, in English and in French.
AskART.com Artist Reference
- Information on American and international artists including bodies of work, valuation and appraisal techniques, auction records, publications, and artists representatives as well as biographies, literature and museum information for American painters and sculptors.
- Displays over 3,000 artists listed by name, in ascending order showing their artworks in high detail images.
Distinguished Artists Series
- Distinguished artists, including an alphabetical index of over 2,000 deceased American artists, as provided by Traditional Fine Arts Online organization.
The Essence of Line
- Database of more than 900 works by artists such as Eugéne Delacroix, Honoré Daumier, Paul Cézanne, and Edgar Degas illuminate the range of French art over the course of a century of innovation.
Giorgio Vasari - The Lives of the Artists
- An illustrated companion to Vasari's Lives, with associated text.
- 'Artists at a Glance' features a select group of some of the most important artists who have shaped the history of art.
The National Gallery
- Presents a wide list in alphabetic order providing biographies and images of their artwork. Includes historical background information on each artwork.
- Large collection of images of the works of many artists, with biographies and historical comments. Sorted by alphabet, topic, movement, and nationality/country. Offers a newsletter, and archives are available.
The Smart-Ass Guide to Art
- Offers humorous biographical notes on artists such as Giotto, Artemisia Gentileschi, Franz Hals, Picasso.
- Features comprehensive art collections found through artists’ names and work titles. In addition, provides highlights, news and exhibitions.
United States Senate Catalogue of Fine Art
- Senate document detailing the portraits and sculptures in the United States Senate.
Web Gallery of Art
- A virtual museum and searchable database of European painting and sculpture of the Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque periods (1200-1700), currently containing over 6,500 reproductions. Biographies, commentaries, and guided tours.
WetCanvas: Virtual Museum
- A true virtual museum, complete with images, stories, and biographical notes on the great masters.
Women Artists in History
- Showcase of women artists down through the centuries.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 6, 2015 at 6:05:03 UTC -