the entire directory
only in Arts/Art_History
Chats and Forums
Periods and Movements
Stolen and Looted Art
Reference: Museums: Museum Resources
Society: History: By Topic: Cultural History
This category in other languages:
ArtLex - Art Dictionary
- Reference material in art, art history, art criticism, aesthetics, and art education. Definitions of thousands of terms, illustrations, quotations, and links to other resources.
About.com: Art History
- Online community and resource guide for the artists and art periods of the past.
Andres Blaisten Museum
- Masterpieces of Mexican Art from the XIX and XX Centuries from private collections.
ARC International - The Art Renewal Center
- Offering biographical information and high-resolution images of many paintings from the great masters of the 19th century.
Art Historians' Guide to the Movies
- A record by Craig Eliason of appearances of and references to famous works of art and architecture in the movies, arranged by period.
Art History with Michelli
- The Art Browser divides categories of resources by time period and their movements.
Art in the Picture.com
- Offers an introduction to visual art history. Famous artist's galleries and biographies, movements, major museums.
Artists and Ancestors
- Exhibition of miniature portraits from XVIII - XX century, information about artists and sitters.
- Virtual art gallery displaying paintings and poetry from art movements of the 19th and 20th centuries with an emphasis on displaying works of art by artists who have been forgotten or neglected in recent years.
Delineavit et Sculpsit
- The Internet stepping stone for all those interested in Old Master prints and drawings: publications, events, links to the world's main print rooms, and the periodical Delineavit et Sculpsit.
The Getty Provenance Index
- Collects and disseminates information related to the history of collecting and the provenance of individual works of art.
Lübeck's Dance of Death
- Dances of Death in Lübeck, Tallinn, Berlin and Denmark. Pictures, books and primary sources. Several books are reproduced.
Mark Harden's Artchive
- An art archive with thousands of images that are accessed through an alphabetical list of artist's names and art styles. Covers every style of art from ancient and African to impressionist and modern.
- Collection of authentic danced masks from Mexico and Guatemala with discussions and comments on the art of collecting and other curious observations. Antique masks, patination techniques, insect infestation, techniques of collecting.
Mona Lisa Images for a Modern World
- A site exploring the enduring fascination of the Mona Lisa, including history, parodies, homages and comments from site visitors.
Resources in Art History for Graduate Students
- This newsletter lists grants, fellowships, internships, conferences, publication and study abroad opportunities for graduate students in art history and closely related areas.
Sister Wendy's American Collection
- From PBS - Sister Wendy Beckett, nun and art commentator, takes viewers on a tour through six of America's greatest art museums.
WebMuseum: Famous Paintings
- Offers images and historical context for artists and art movements ranging from Gothic and Renaissance to Impressionism and Pop.
World Art Treasures
- Based on the Jacques-Edouard Berger collection of images of art objects and essays devoted to the main civilizations, such as Egypt, China, Japan, India, Europe.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 29, 2014 at 20:52:58 UTC -