the entire directory
only in Arts/Art_History
Open Directory - Arts: Art History
Chats and Forums
Periods and Movements
Stolen and Looted Art
Reference: Museums: Museum Resources
Society: History: By Topic: Cultural History
This category in other languages:
ArtLex - Art Dictionary
- Reference material in art, art history, art criticism, aesthetics, and art education. Definitions of thousands of terms, illustrations, quotations, and links to other resources.
ARC International - The Art Renewal Center
- Offering biographical information and high-resolution images of many paintings from the great masters of the 19th century.
About.com: Art History
- Online community and resource guide for the artists and art periods of the past.
Andres Blaisten Museum
- Masterpieces of Mexican Art from the XIX and XX Centuries from private collections.
Art Historians' Guide to the Movies
- A record by Craig Eliason of appearances of and references to famous works of art and architecture in the movies, arranged by period.
Art History with Michelli
- The Art Browser divides categories of resources by time period and their movements.
Art in the Picture.com
- Offers an introduction to visual art history. Famous artist's galleries and biographies, movements, major museums.
- Virtual art gallery displaying paintings and poetry from art movements of the 19th and 20th centuries with an emphasis on displaying works of art by artists who have been forgotten or neglected in recent years.
Artists and Ancestors
- Exhibition of miniature portraits from XVIII - XX century, information about artists and sitters.
Audio Recordings of Great Works of Art
- Exploring the aural aura of masterworks as found in the sounds in the immediate locations of highly regarded paintings, sculptures, and other artworks.
Delineavit et Sculpsit
- The Internet stepping stone for all those interested in Old Master prints and drawings: publications, events, links to the world's main print rooms, and the periodical Delineavit et Sculpsit.
HuntFor Art History
- Quick reference for all periods in the art history, images and links.
Lübeck's Dance of Death
- Dances of Death in Lübeck, Tallinn, Berlin and Denmark. Pictures, books and primary sources. Several books are reproduced.
Mark Harden's Artchive
- An art archive with thousands of images that are accessed through an alphabetical list of artist's names and art styles. Covers every style of art from ancient and African to impressionist and modern.
- Collection of authentic danced masks from Mexico and Guatemala with discussions and comments on the art of collecting and other curious observations. Antique masks, patination techniques, insect infestation, techniques of collecting.
Mona Lisa Images for a Modern World
- A site exploring the enduring fascination of the Mona Lisa, including history, parodies, homages and comments from site visitors.
OCAIW: Art Images on the Web
- Orazio Centaro's site. Includes a long alphabetical listing of artists and includes links to images that reside on both the OCAIW site and other artist sites on the Web.
Resources in Art History for Graduate Students
- This newsletter lists grants, fellowships, internships, conferences, publication and study abroad opportunities for graduate students in art history and closely related areas.
Sister Wendy's American Collection
- From PBS - Sister Wendy Beckett, nun and art commentator, takes viewers on a tour through six of America's greatest art museums.
The Getty Provenance Index
- Collects and disseminates information related to the history of collecting and the provenance of individual works of art.
WebMuseum: Famous Paintings
- Offers images and historical context for artists and art movements ranging from Gothic and Renaissance to Impressionism and Pop.
World Art Treasures
- Based on the Jacques-Edouard Berger collection of images of art objects and essays devoted to the main civilizations, such as Egypt, China, Japan, India, Europe.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:39:44 PM EDT -